The war in Ukraine breaks the heart of Milla Jovovich

For more than 100 days, the whole world has been confronting the Russian aggressor and supporting Ukrainians. Hollywood stars, foreign musicians and writers have already supported Ukraine in word and deed. Among them is a Hollywood actress with Ukrainian roots – Milla Jovovich. The actress admitted in her Instagram profile that thoughts about the war in Ukraine break her heart.

Milla Jovovich was born in Kiev in 1975, went to kindergarten in Dnipro. And then with her parents, the girl moved first to London, then to the United States. After moving, Milla continued to communicate with her friends and relatives from Ukraine. Now her uncle is in Ukraine, and Milla has been following events since the first day of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. She worries, prays for the lives of loved ones who remained in Ukraine, and supports Ukrainians.

Instagram.com Thoughts on War on May 27, a traditional charity gala evening was held in Cannes. There, Milla Jovovich appeared in public with her daughter Eva Gabo. Mom dressed in a sky-blue dress from the Ukrainian brand Lever Couture, and the daughter wore a yellow dress with rhinestones. Milla expressed support for Ukrainians and said in an interview that there are many talented people in Ukraine and that she worries about her people at this terrible time for Ukrainians.

My heart is broken, I am numb trying to reflect on the events of this week in my homeland, Ukraine. My country and people are being bombed. Friends and family are hiding. My roots come from both Russia and Ukraine. I am torn in two as I watch the horror unfold, the destruction of the country, the displacement of families around whom their lives lie in charred shards.

I remember the war in my father’s homeland in the former Yugoslavia and my family’s stories of the trauma and terror they endured. War. Always war. Leaders who cannot bring peace. The infinite power of imperialism. And people always pay, Milla wrote in her Instagram. The stars of the film “The Fifth Element” and “Resident Evil” are followed by 4 million subscribers.

For her Ukrainian subscribers who have been affected by the war, Milla Jovovich attached links in her profile to organizations that help Ukrainian refugees. Recently, a graduate from Kharkiv was photographed in a red dress against the background of the wreckage. It touched the famous mother of three children. Milla could not help but publish the horrifying reality of Ukrainian graduates in the face of this girl. In Stories, Milla posted a photo and captioned it: "Fucking hell."

In the framework of the project “The most famous Ukrainians in the world”, Milla addressed Ukrainians with words of love and support. The Hollywood star stressed that the whole world stands with Ukraine and admired the courage of Ukrainian defenders: I want to convey a message of love and support to all Ukrainians in this most terrible period of their history. When a nation is simply torn to pieces, when millions of people are forced to flee to other countries and become refugees. When warriors bravely fight against all this. We see you, we pray for you and we love you. And we thank you for fighting for your freedom, Milla Jovovich said.

The war in Ukraine continues, and no Ukrainian does not forget about it for a second, even if he is in another country. Keep talking about what is happening, because Ukraine needs support, publicity and help more than ever. After three months of the invasion of the aggressor in Ukraine, the media publish 20% less information about the events from the front. You can't be silent for a minute. The world must fight with Ukraine to the end, until children cease to be killed by war in the 21st century. The time will come and Ukraine will rebuild the destroyed cities, but no one will be able to return thousands of civilian lives.

Tags

See also

New and interesting