Will a new mother-in-law love my son from his first marriage?

Building a happy family the first time is a great luck or destiny. You can call it whatever you want, but the fact is that today people are much more willing to divorce than it was 20-30 years ago. Natalia divorced her first husband when the child was 2 years old. In marriage Natalia and Valery lived 5 years. Then it became clear that their paths diverged. Some time passed, and Natalia again ventured to trust a man. She wasn't wrong this time. Andrew was not confused by the fact that the son of his wife from his first marriage will live with them. What can you say about Andrew's mother?

My first husband did not want to divorce, but I could no longer live with him. When I packed my bags and took the baby, Valera told me that I would never be happy because no one needed me and the baby. To be honest, I had no illusions. I lived with my mother for a year, and then I met Andrew. We talked, we went on dates. He turned out to be a very nice and caring man, so I just trusted him and told him about my son.

Peels Andrew took the news as a real man. He promised that he would treat his son as his own. We soon got married and moved in with Andrew. I met my mother-in-law on the eve of the wedding, she initially hid her discontent. But things only got worse after the wedding. When Nina Ivanovna comes to visit us, she keeps yelling at Petya and telling me, “Get your child out of my room.”

Sometimes Nina Ivanovna stays with us with an overnight stay, it happens that she becomes ill, and Andrei asks her to stay to insure her. Now she is outright expressing her displeasure with my son and allowing herself too much. I never wanted to conflict with her, but I know what she thinks. Nina Ivanovna never wished her son a spoiled bride with a trailer. She is a woman of conservative views. She married unkissed and still believes that everyone should do so.

She also thinks that I should give birth to Andrew's own son, otherwise I have no rights in their family. Now Nina Ivanovna generally comes and declares that she does not want to see an unborn grandson at our house while she is visiting. It's already beyond the bounds of decent. What am I supposed to do?

Andrey used to not let his mother talk to me like that, and now he doesn't tell her anything. I will not tolerate this attitude either. But I love my husband very much and do not want to leave him because of his mother’s behavior.

No one has to love other people’s children. For Natalia, the son is a native blood, and for Nina Ivanovna he is nobody. The mother-in-law does not approve of marriage with a “spoiled” bride, but Andrei is sincere in his feelings. The spouses must solve the problem together. Most likely, the mother-in-law will not change her behavior, so communication with her will have to be minimized. The child feels when he is not loved, so the mother must protect him from the negativity of the grandmother. Subconsciously, Natalia realizes that neither she nor her child is to blame for the fact that Andrei’s mother does not like them. How many people don’t like them if Andrew loves them and cares about them?

The problem is that if the conflict isn’t over, it can actually get in the way of a marriage. Andrew can visit her mother at her home, and her discontent will not affect the well-being of the child. If the husband takes the side of the mother, he will have to divorce. It is necessary to understand whether his silence is in agreement with the point of view of Nina Ivanovna or whether he is simply trying to avoid conflict.

Tags

See also

New and interesting