The Preaching of His Beatitude Sviatoslav on the Power of the Spirit

From February 24 to the present day, Ukrainian cities shudder from airstrikes. Civilians take refuge in bomb shelters, take children and the elderly abroad. But not everyone can leave their home and their families. At such a time, many brave Ukrainians took up arms against their will. They did it to protect their children, wives and mothers, to protect their country from the aggressor. But guns are not the only thing that can help you survive this terrible time. Faith and hope, the struggle for justice – this is the strength of the spirit of Ukrainians throughout the existence of Ukraine.

Ukrainians are an incredibly patriotic and friendly people. Never in the history of the state did people encroach on foreign lands, did not try to conquer foreign lands. But when trouble comes to the house, it is the duty of a Ukrainian to protect his family. And if you have to take up arms for this, the Ukrainian will stand up with honor to defend his land.

While warriors fight the enemy on the front line, mothers, wives, children and elderly parents are in the rear. Someone had to go abroad, someone helped the military as much as he could. Old people do not want to leave their homes under any pretext. Grandmothers bake bread for warriors in the village oven from 4 a.m., elderly fathers care about the future - plant trees and vegetable gardens, because they believe that each of us brings the world closer by his actions. You can't despair.

And when despair and emptiness fill the soul, wherever Ukrainians are, they sincerely pray for their country and find peace in prayer. Does the clergy approve of war? Of course not. You need to understand that a person defends as he can. The priests ask God for forgiveness and mercy.

His Beatitude Sviatoslav, the head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, the Supreme Archbishop of Kiev-Galicia, together with other priests, condemns Russia’s war against Ukraine. The Holy Father descends into the bomb shelter to celebrate the Divine Liturgy to pray for all who oppose evil.

His Beatitude Sviatoslav says that the struggle of the Ukrainian people is a spiritual struggle. It is not for nothing that Russia’s war against Ukraine is called a hybrid war: information war is of great importance. On the battlefield, professional warriors fight the enemy with weapons. Meanwhile, the civilian population is under pressure from propaganda and lies that must be confronted.

“If you feel that the news is taking over your body and mind, know that this propaganda is an evil that must be confronted. The devil, with propaganda and intimidation, is trying to capture our hearts. If we succumb to his provocations, we give our consent to evil, we plant sin in our souls, the preacher says.

The priest is convinced that it is impossible to conduct a dialogue with the unclean, it can only be defeated: First, you must separate the truth from the lie, confront it with your whole being. We must pray for those who are fighting the occupiers, pray and wage an invisible struggle against everything that can take over our inner world. One must uproot evil from one’s hearts and be a man even in wartime, the Holy Father instructs.

When it becomes scary, and doubt creeps into the soul, drive evil thoughts away and read a prayer. It is not necessary to be able to pray, you can turn to the Lord as you turn to a loved one or a close friend. The main thing is sincere faith and good intentions.

You can bring the world closer by deed and kind word, sincere prayer for peace: Lord, You were crucified on the cross out of love for us, to bring peace to every soul that believes in You. I beg you to stop hate and restore justice. I ask for peace for my soul. I ask for peace for the family, for the poor and the rich, for peace for neighbors and peoples. Give our people Your generous grace and faithfulness to Your Church. I ask you through your Most Holy Heart under the protection of the Mother of God. I ask you, who reigns in heaven with God, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, now and forever and ever. Amen.

Tags

See also

New and interesting