I plan to grow a lot of cucumbers this year, I am looking for ideas for arranging tapestry now.

“Cucumbers on a trellis are a real find for an amateur gardener! They're easier and more convenient. The fruits of cucumbers on such a design will hang, and not lie on the ground, therefore - will not spoil. Also, it makes it easier to care for plants and reduces the area they occupy! says my neighbor.

I plan to grow a lot of cucumbers this year (my favorite vegetable), I am looking for ideas for arranging tapestry now. Today's edition. "Site" It will tell you why literate gardeners grow tapestry. A selection of smart ideas!

In the post-Soviet space, more used to growing cucumbers on the ground. Fruits of cucumbers spread around the garden, curly and hide behind sheets from the sun. At first glance, it seems easier and more convenient. No additional designs need to be made! You planted cucumber seeds in the ground, watered them, and then you wait for the seeds to grow and start bearing fruit.

Is that the case in the West? It has been used for a long time. verticalization. And for a reason! First, it saves space in the garden. Secondly, picking cucumbers is so much easier. Third, it accelerates the ripening process of cucumbers, because they are vertically grown under the sun and, accordingly, receive more heat and light.

View this post on Instagram

Posted by Svetlana Zemtsov (@zemtcovalana)

And also excludes the contact of leaves with the ground, which means that the risk of catching such an ailment as floury dew becomes less. Due to the vertical cultivation of cucumbers, the liana is evenly distributed along the trellis, facilitating processing from pests, watering and fertilizing.

Posted by NIWAKI SAD️️ (@niwakigarden)

Thus, growing on tapestries gives greater efficiency!

The simplest support (trailer) for climbing plants with their own hands can be made with the help of twine or a thin rope, both natural and plastic. This support is usually located against the wall of the house, arbor or barn. And you can make a support with wooden sticks.

For tapestry cultivation, constructions of durable twines stretched in 2-3 rows or placed in the form of a hut are used. Very popular plastic tapestry mesh to support plants with cells 15x17 cm, length from 5 to 10 m and a width of 2 m. The net is pulled on the arcs or attached to the wall of the greenhouse.

For arrangement, the tapestries are installed at a distance of 1.5-2 m from each other and stretch between them 2 or 3 rows of wire: the first row of 10-15 cm on the ground surface. The second row is 1-1.3 m, and the third row is 2.2 m.

Post from Dacha, Garden and Garden (@dacha_sadovod)

The wire is attached to the metal or netting with cells measuring 10 by 15 cm, or a strong twine is tied to the upper level with a double sliding node. The second end of the twine grabs a seedling at a height of 10 cm above the ground. As it develops, the lash braids the string and rises up.

The support consists of reinforced metal pipes or corner and intermediate wooden columns 30 cm in diameter.

The beds here are made of old doors. Isn't that great?

Publication by Yevgeny Lyashevich (@evgeniya_liashevich)

I really like the idea of planting cucumbers in a barrel. I'll show her to my husband.

Publication from At the dacha of the Khakimov family (@khakimov_dacha)

And you can drive into the ground T-shaped structures, tie the string and let it weave cucumbers. Doing this, of course, is not easy, but then kill cucumbers will please you!

Publication from Dacha Sad Ogorod: ideas, solutions (@ideiipodelkidliadachi)

Another interesting option for a reasonable gardening At your cottage.

Publication from Dacha Sad Ogorod: ideas, solutions (@ideiipodelkidliadachi)

I also suggest you learn how to increase the yield of green vegetables by just one manipulation. Prepare huge buckets for picking cucumbers in advance!

Set the tapestry Better from east to west. This contributes to the maximum and even distribution of sunlight.

Cucumbers on the trellis grow better and care for them is easier. I also really like the fact that by growing vegetables on trellises, beds can accommodate more plants.

Did you grow cucumbers that way? Share your experience with us in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting