My heart breaks when I think there are no prospects in Arkhangelsk.

Arkhangelsk is the largest city in the north of the European part of Russia. A large port with a rich history. But today, populace There are only about 350,000 people, and it continues to decline. And residents resent that their city has fewer prospects every year.

Today's edition. "Site" I will share the thoughts of a man who has lived in this glorious city for many years, saw with his own eyes how big enterprises are closing down, how the environment is deteriorating, how young people are leaving. Is the situation really hopeless?

The population of Arkhangelsk “I am over 40, I have lived all my conscious life in this northern city.” And all the changes that have occurred over the years, do not inspire optimism, writes Andrei.

Arkhangelsk is considered a big city, but it is not a metropolis. Only about 350 thousand inhabitants, according to official statistics. And how can a city grow when so many large businesses that provide jobs to the local population have shut down? ?

“Even the timber mills that supplied lumber to the entire north-western part of the country ceased to exist. They also provided the residents with fuel. Moreover, we have enough houses in the city that are heated with firewood.”

“Tral fleet, thanks to which the population of Arkhangelsk was provided with cheap cod, halibut, herring, capelin and navaga, no longer belongs to the city. And the usual fish is no longer available. After all, the new owners prefer to sell it exorbitantly abroad.”

Large shoe factory "Severyanka", where for decades produced reliable and affordable shoes, is a thing of the past. The farm where the burrows were raised is no more. The garment and knitting industries for which the city used to be famous have also disappeared.”

“The local poultry farm was also useless. Just like other agricultural companies. Vegetables, eggs and meat come from other regions. We only have pharmacies and wine shops. Of course there is. Just be happy and walk!

“The only job you can find is in trade, if you take a job in a chain store. Young people are looking for themselves in entertainment or in the restaurant business or in delivery services.”

Housing in Arkhangelsk "It is amazing that many entertainment centers and a lot of housing are being built. But if there are no problems with entertainment, then with affordable housing the picture is bleak. And in new buildings, the price is about 80-90 thousand rubles per “square”. Given the average salary in the region of 25-30 thousand rubles, such a cost seems unattainable.”

“The connection is deplorable. There are no trams and trolleybuses, but there are private carriers. Therefore, you have to get to work with an old “pazik”. A trip to the city costs 29 rubles. However, there are new buses that Moscow gave us (for some reason they were not useful there).

“The roads look bad. Even in the center, the coverage is broken, and it is not worth talking about less important roads or yards. With endless pits, it seems, even struggle. But they always win. The visitor can even surprise the presence of a wooden sidewalk. The federal highways are in good condition. You can see another level. You can see where the budget money is being invested.”

Many products have to be brought, so the prices are appropriate. Especially hits the pocket of meat, 450-600 rubles per kilo of beef – it is tangible. The fish is no longer available. The hand does not rise to give 300 rubles per kilo of cod. Clothing and shoes are the same everywhere. But our needs for warm things are higher than anywhere else in the South.

For a two-bedroom apartment of 44 square meters, you have to pay an average of 8 thousand for light, gas and water. In winter, the heating reaches 5 thousand, although this does not guarantee that it will be warm. Winters are harsh, and old heating systems do not always cope. There are few utilities, they receive pennies, work accordingly. If in the center even more or less, on the outskirts of Arkhangelsk municipal disasters enough. And the truth cannot be found.

“Therefore, I do not see any prospects in Arkhangelsk. The environment is terrible, the weather is harsh, the region itself lives on subsidies. The smartest young people are educated somewhere in St. Petersburg or Moscow and never come back. And those who are older move to the middle lane. Longing," grieves Andrei.

Yes, the picture is bleak. But it was always the case that people moved to where they were best. And those who remain, let them look for ways to solve the existing problems and turn the situation for the better. After all, everything on its own is unlikely to get better...

Tags

See also

New and interesting