Grandma has the right to live for herself, and let the parents take care of the student.

After the children leave home and begin to live their lives after they find their way in this world and have their children, grandmaIts purpose can be considered fully fulfilled. Now you can relax and not think about the problems of education.

At least that's what I'd like to think. But sometimes circumstances unfold in a completely different way. Instead of going about their business and learning the pleasures of free life, grandmothers get new “tasks”. Help raise grandchildren as well. At this point, you need to choose: continue to pull the burden of responsibility or let go of the situation, leaving relatives to deal with their own problems.

My youth was not, so to speak, cheerful and windy. I was born in a poor family and am familiar with housework firsthand. Bring it, serve it, cook it. Help the brothers with their studies and everything. Women’s share, unfortunately, is not very respected in our country. Oh, whatever.

Married, had children. A loving husband from a handsome handsome man turned into a tired, sick man with a heavy character. For the first couple of years, we couldn’t get enough of each other: we talked at night, we dreamed. He always helped me with the cooking whenever I had the time. Hugging and giving flowers.

But hard physical labor, the incomprehensible situation with salary delays and the not too friendly working atmosphere did their job. He became stale. Leave the house at night. Arguments began that turned into scandals. For a long time our family could not stand it, and my husband and I divorced. I’m glad he moved to another city and got married again. I try to remember him young.

Despite the difficult situation, I raised children. They both received higher education, found worthy companions in life and, in general, now do not need anything. I will not say that I have a positive attitude to some points, especially regarding my daughter-in-law. But thank God it's okay.

What's wrong with me right now? The thing is, I started a new relationship. I found a new man, or rather, he found me. An interesting man, a widower and without bad habits. He is interested in the theater, cooks well, loves cleanliness in the house. I have a lot to talk to him about. I am happy that even at this age we found each other.

The only thing that gets in the way is my granddaughter's education. The thing is, last year my son asked me to look after his daughter while she was studying in our city. Transferred the money to the card and told me not to look after her much, only if there was some emergency. My one-bedroom apartment, of course, is not a 5-star hotel, but it is suitable for a student.

And the granddaughter is a typical representative of modern youth. Cleaning, cooking can not or does not want to. My son somehow spoils her money too much, so couriers with delivery come to us as if they were home. The girl is also not too eager to study, but this is her business. I have 9 classes of education myself. But it's hard for me anyway.

I don't understand how you can feel so frivolous in a foreign city. She has already accumulated a huge number of friends in a week, some even came to visit us. And most importantly, she's happy and smiles at everyone, and then she tells me how stupid they really are and that she's better than all of them put together. That's just a copy of my mother - neither give nor take.

That was the school year. From time to time, I hinted to my son that the situation did not suit me too much: at night I could not sleep because of worries for my granddaughter. And in the afternoon, I have to cook for two, because someone came late and slept until noon. But “my” problems don’t matter at all.

And now that Eugene has appeared in my life, I can not accept my granddaughter again. Accordingly, relations with my son and his family have become strained: the daughter-in-law does not pick up the phone from me at all, and the son talks through his teeth. But what can I do? I'm not young, but I'm still a woman. Human, after all. Where's my vacation and my rights?

Tags

See also

New and interesting