The old cottager died down, wants to sell the cottage, which he cherished for more than 30 years

For an urban dweller cottage Like a breath of fresh air. And quiet and calm and beautiful. You are always here with great pleasure. And you work with enthusiasm, because you try for yourself. And everything cooked in clean air (and even grown on its own plot) is eaten with great appetite.

However, it often happens that a person who was an avid summer resident, burns out. And he wants to leave the country, in which for years he has invested all his money, time and energy. Why does this happen and what to do about it?

It is the fifth year since my husband and I moved to the country. And we really like that. Then we plant interesting trees, then we try berry shrubs. This year, there was an excellent harvest of grapes and blueberries. And we have enough, and children with grandchildren get it, writes Svetlana.

“The carrots with onions and potatoes are of little interest to us. But what in the supermarket is expensive (or completely tasteless), we are happy to grow on the site. Of course, there are good harvests, there are also failures. But both me and my husband work enthusiastically, the country life definitely fell to our liking. And the children are coming more often, they like it too.

“We had no idea how long we would last. For constant worries, you do not think much about age or your physical abilities. But one day a neighbor came to visit us, grandmother Lena. The weather was wonderful, the sun was shining, and we sat down to drink tea in the garden.

Then the neighbor, looking over our well-groomed area, asked: Why do you plant so much? These same seedlings overseas, probably very expensive. Now you have the strength, you can do everything. What happens next? Who's gonna need all this? I have one grape in my yard, but there's no one to prune it. My daughter doesn't come by very often. And grandchildren are always in a hurry, they never have time for my grapes.

“I soon forgot that conversation. After all, people always complain in youth about lack of time, and in old age – about lack of attention. But one day I met a former employee, a woman about my age (she is 4 years older). And she, an avid summer lady, was also seriously thinking about the future.”

So Maria said that she was tired of everything, that she burned out. They do not want to wash in the summer shower, do not want to travel with transfers of 50 kilometers from the apartment to the cottage and back. A dozen tomatoes and a couple of cucumbers will be able to buy on the market.

“I know Mary and her husband well. Hardworking people. Yes, they have an apartment in another city, and they are really not close to getting there. Not to compare with our 3 km, when we can walk from the cottage to the apartment with my husband. But this one they got 30 years ago. A large house with a garden and a garden, only about 25 acres.

“And in difficult times, the dacha really helped them survive. They grew vegetables for themselves, for the family, and for sale. When they retired, they even raised chickens. In short, they are people with great experience, so I always turned to them for advice in country questions. And after all these years, they want to quit? We have been in the country for less than 5 years, and we can not imagine our life without it, but what about Mary?

“They must have just accumulated fatigue. After all, they bathed in the summer shower for 30 years and everything suited them. They didn’t even notice the inconvenience. And so, in old age, when there is already some financial stability, you want peace, a life without haste, basic comfort.

“We only live in an apartment in winter. Spring, summer and autumn mainly take place in the country. And in cold weather, the lack of amenities familiar to the city dweller also affects. Therefore, we will take this issue seriously soon. We understand that indefinitely postpone this problem for later will not work, writes Svetlana.

Perhaps the problem is the lack of comfort. But probably tired. And if Maria needs to get to the dacha with transplants, and on the very site she grows vegetables, and the bird breeds, and does a lot of things, then when does she rest? And if the strength over the years becomes less, and the cares remain the same, then life in the country in this case really loses all attractiveness.

Isn't that right?

Tags

See also

New and interesting