Why tie garlic leaves into a knot

Today we will tell you a lot about growing garlic. When to tie garlicWhy do it, how to increase its yield and so on. All this is very relevant, because, as you remember, in winter the prices for this useful herbaceous plant reach mind-blowing heights.

View this post on Instagram

Garlic hands! This is a great addition to winter soups, hot, and anything. Everything is simple and delicious? #garlic shoots #garlic #garlic #reservekanazim #reservesynazim #delicious #cookedjust #food #foodblog #fotofood #garlic

A post shared by Alyonka (@happy_houswife) on Jun 30, 2020 at 12:04am PDT

And for health garlic is really useful. And if you look for what recipes with garlic are on "Site"We guarantee you will definitely like it.

So, the importance and benefits of garlic are difficult to exaggerate. It's being used for flavoring food, flavorhow medicine-plant. The Japanese, for example, do not tolerate the smell of fresh garlic, they simply swallow it with whole cloves and immediately wash it down with milk. Everyone needs vitamins.

The last decade of June is a crucial moment in the cultivation of garlic. Very soon - at most, in a month, or even earlier, we will harvest. Now there is still time and opportunity to influence the quality of root crops, especially, and the moment is favorable: just in late June – early July, garlic “rebuilds” its body and, instead of increasing the above-ground part of the plant, begins to accumulate nutrition in the root crops. To make the harvest happy, and after a long and successfully stored, do not forget about the rules of culture care in late June - early July. They are not so complicated: loosening, stopping watering two weeks before digging, and mandatory removal of the arrows when they reach 10-15 cm. Otherwise, they will take away a lot of strength from the garlic. The last feeding with phosphorus-potassium fertilizer or ash. To tie knots to the bottom or not is a matter for everyone personally. For the first time this year, I decided to see if garlic would be bigger. Garlic arrows are a separate story...soups, salads, roasting, freezing, pickling... that’s where creativity is for all tastes? #garlic#garlics#pruning garlic#big garlic#pruning#big garlic#bagehead#garden#garden#garden#fish#myfavouriteday#myfavouritedayday#myfavouritedayday#myfairdaydayday

A post shared by Gardener, Gardener. (@selo__news) on Jun 30, 2020 at 1:23pm PDT

To increase the yield of garlic, experienced gardeners come to different kinds of tricks. One of them is the tying of garlic leaves approximately week before cleaning harvest. If you ask the farmer why it is necessary, in most cases in response we hear that grandparents did this, and he does the same.

The growth and formation of the above-ground and underground parts of plants occurs simultaneously. Around the middle of summer, most root vegetables have the lion’s share of the nutrients going to the root. In garlic, this process comes much later, so you have to manually act on its leaves.

For the second year in a row I’m trying to try myself in the role of an agronomist)) (admittedly, who else has the same hobby??? who can tell you what to do better to make the garlic at the exit was larger? (that year clearly something went wrong))) (dacha#garden#garlic#I like to plant).

A post shared by zhanchik (@zhanchik.1983) on Jun 30, 2020 at 11:55am PDT

By tying the leaves and feathers of garlic into a knot, we cause stress at the above-ground part and thus redirect nutrients to the bulb, which is underground. It is impossible to tear off the leaves, because then the whole plant can die. But to allow it to develop as a person needs, is quite in our power.

? All the arrows off the garlic?? Winter garlic do not need them at all, we care about the lower part, not the flowering flower. I remove the arrows when they reach 10-15cm to remove them and they never grow again. If you leave the arrows, then the garlic will go into color and will spend all its energy on the upper part, and it is important for us to grow a large head. I leave a few arrows, and then you can tell when it's time to dig up the crop. As soon as the arrows stretch out and the flowernose opens, also called buns, it is time to dig out. More buns are left for the renewal of garlic, they can be harvested, sowed in the autumn of the same year and the next year a tooth will appear from them and leave it to grow for another year and only two years after planting you will receive an updated full harvest? Now it is important to reduce watering, or rather it is not needed at all, because there is an increase in the head of garlic, with raw soil, additional suction roots will increase or there may be rotting of the head, which we do not need at all. Collected arrows can also be used in food, but only young people who topreserve, someone makes garlic paste or just fry with eggs before boiling them о️?. #garlic #farmer #gardener #myhobby#day #helpful tips #my hands #workouts

A post shared by @ zdorova_yuliya on Jun 30, 2020 at 2:24pm PDT

Moreover, by knitting the leaves, we can accelerate the growth of the bulb, thus adjusting the date of collection of garlic. That is, if you can not go to the garden later, just tie the leaves and harvest at a convenient time for you. A useful move when summer business does not give time to rest.

When to tie garlic and how to do it best Garlic leaves can be tied a few weeks after removing the twisting arrow, 5-7 days before harvest. The arrow, by the way, it is better not to tear off, but carefully cut, retreating 3-5 centimeters from the top sheet. A couple of shooters better left.. They are useful for seeds and as a “beacon” for cleaning garlic. As soon as the arrow straightens, tie the leaves. It's been a week or so - harvest the crop.

Rockamball? I got 3 onions on occasion. Survived alone. That's her third year. Is my guess right? #dacha#garlicrockambol#harvest

A post shared by Irina Rosinskaia (@irina.rosinskaia) on Jul 1, 2020 at 10:25am PDT

The upper leaves of garlic are suitable for tying. If they're too big, you can make a couple of knots. Don't tie them too tight. No bigotry! Otherwise, you can damage the plant, and there and before the disease is not far. Some gardeners knit whole "scythes" of knots. But it's superfluous and will only take your time.

The garlic arrows are cut off, but we will not throw them away, but turn them into useful items for the table. #garden #garden #dash #garlic #garlic #garlic #garden #coutry #countryhouse #stilllife #garlicky #photography

A post shared by Olga (@helga_rhinestone) on Jul 1, 2020 at 3:38am PDT

Every few years you need to update the seed material. In this case, you can not tie the leaves! Leave a few particularly large plants on the bed and let their shooters fully develop. And the next year, calmly grow winter garlic from the resulting air “bulls”.

Approximately 20 days before harvest, stop watering garlic. So the taste of his teeth will be more saturated. If the weather is hot, let it be 15 days.

I stopped by the dacha today. This delicate garlic grows on my own, in bushes as he likes. I don't dig, I just pull out the thickest stems when I need to, and OK. I love this approach because I am not a gardener! #garlic #dash #garden

A post shared by Ksenia Shpakova Tasty (@eniatasty) on Jul 1, 2020 at 4:26am PDT

At the same time, the mulch layer (if any) should be removed. This will help the earth dry better, and the bulbs become stronger and harder.

I'm still that photographer, of course. But that's not the point. This year, thanks to neighbors, an unfamiliar grandmother from the market and my modest 20 pieces of garlic, the family is provided with vitamins. Garlic hands!!! They must have been all done this year. They had a lot of vitamins in them. So we scrolled and froze, thank you @eka_kam78 and @leonoramayorova for the tips, marinated with a recipe @best_gryadka. Thank you very much again. Don't get sick! All health!!! #garlic #vitaminspot #summer2020

A post shared by Kat Zaitseva (@dgebay) on Jul 1, 2020 at 7:42am PDT

Use only the best seed material. Even if you fully adhere to all conditions and plant garlic on the most fertile land, but the planting material will not be of the highest quality, you will harvest a medium crop.

Despite the fact that garlic is a plant very necessary and useful and is considered relatively tenacious, you need to work hard to harvest a good harvest. Create good conditions for it, use the best seed material, make ovaries and fertilize. Only then will you be able to harvest a rich and high-quality crop. And if something is unclear, we will tell you. With us. "Site".

Tags

See also

New and interesting