Mistakes in cooking young corn

About the warmth of our relations with neighbors, the whole house makes up legends. And indeed, my husband and I at Raisa Semyonovna have lunch, then she will run to us for a seagull. I remember one of the evenings in July, when my beloved neighbor treated us to freshly brewed corn. I’m sure I’ve never eaten anything better in my life! Then, seeing my stunned face, Raisa Semyonovna easily said: “Honey, let me just teach you, how to cook corn?

Since then, I've been waiting every summer season for one thing only: to eat this incredible delicious food. Turns out I've done a lot of things before. Mistakes in cooking corn. But they can be easily avoided, and Raisa Semyonovna convinced me of this. So I'd love to share a couple of tips with you.

How to cook corn Grade

There are many varieties of corn, many of which you may not have heard of. For example, cornflakes and popcorn are made from bursting corn that came to us from China. But I will not go into details on this matter. After all, you need to be able to distinguish sweet corn from fodder. Exactly. Sweet varieties are best suited for cooking.

To ensure the quality of the product, Taste one raw grain.. If it is light, sweet and juicy, you can safely gain an armful of yellow heads. But if there is little juice in the grain, and it is saturated yellow, put the corn aside. This is a sure sign of an old product. Even the wisdom of Raisa Semyonovna will not help here. If the taste of the grain is neutral, it is most likely corn of the fodder variety. The sweetness should be felt immediately.

Making juicy corn
  1. First, clean each head of sweet corn from the leaves and fold all the cobs into a pan. Then pour all the water and give yellow 1-2 hours to rest. This is the step I have never taken before. You shouldn't, because he's so important. So the seeds will be softer, and their shell after cooking will become almost invisible.

2. Second, pour fresh clean water into another pan and put it on the fire. But remember, there shouldn't be corn in it. When the water boils, carefully place all the cobs soaked in the water previously.

3. Young corn will be ready in about 20-30 minutes, and mature corn in 30-40 minutes. If you come across ripened coaches, then cook them for 2-3 hours. To make sure the cob is ready, just try a couple of seeds. And 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add salt to taste in the water. If you salt the corn sooner, its grains will become much tougher.

4. If desired, corn can not be salted at all. It turned out that if you add a little butter when cooking, the taste of yellow will improve and become more tender. Well, you can salt the corn already during the meal.

5. When the corn is finished, do not even think of eating it right away. First, drain the water, cover the pan with a lid and wrap it in a towel. In this state, the cobs should spend another 20-30 minutes. During this time, the corn will steam and become even more tender. Just remember how you made your morning oatmeal. The same principle works here.

6. After half an hour, take the towel off the pan and enjoy the juicy sweet corn.

Cooking tips
  1. After soaking it is recommended rinse. But I confess that I did not do this, and began the next steps of preparation. Can you tell me if it affected the taste?
  2. If you see black-seedI'll have them removed. They can ruin the taste. Yes, and agree, this corn does not look very appetizing.

3. Choose. cob. That way, you'll make sure the corn is cooked evenly.
  4. If you are not lucky enough to buy young cobs, no problem. Just Soaking ripened corn in water with milk in a 1:1 ratio. Otherwise, the already hard grains will become even tougher.
  5. The beauty of corn is that you can cook it in different ways. For example, the old-fashioned cook Or in a multi-cooker in steam mode. In addition, yellow coaches are suitable for cooking in an ordinary microwave, oven or grill. That's great, isn't it?

Now you know, How to cook corn properly. And I hope that you will definitely share useful life hacks with your friends. Especially since the season of sweet yellow cobs will begin very soon. So why not enjoy them enough? In addition, you can prepare canned corn and eat it all winter. As they say, prepare a sled in the summer!

Tags

See also

New and interesting