I bought grapes at the market. I looked at him and he was covered in white.

I just love grapes! Every year I look forward to August to enjoy the ripe and delicious berries.

Yesterday my husband was at the market and brought a kilogram of blue grapes. The grapes were large and beautiful, but when I looked closely I saw that most of the berries were covered in white.

At first, I thought it might be that kind of thing. But knowing that my loved one was bad at gardening, I came to the conclusion that this could be a sign. grape-illness.

There is a huge variety of grape varieties, but it also has a large number of diseases and pests.

Editorial "Site" I have prepared useful information for you, How to distinguish quality grapes from the infected, as well as how to prevent grape disease, if you are fond of its cultivation.

A small white plaque on the berries occurs in certain varieties of grapes. For example, the varieties “Moldova” and “Muscat Hamburg”, the last of which was the grapes bought by my husband.

Hamburg muscat has all black clusters covered with plaque. White plaque in this case is not a sign of disease. This is just a biological feature of this variety.

However, the presence of white plaque on the berries, and especially on the leaves and the vine itself, can portend serious problems.

If the surface of the berries and leaves of grapes is covered with a white coating, similar in appearance to flour, then the grapes are infected with oidium. However, if you notice signs of the disease at the initial stage and just pick off the infected berries or leaves, then the focus of infection will be destroyed and the white plaque will begin to disappear.

Look at the back of the plant leaves. If you see a fluffy plaque there, the grapes are infected with a disease like mildew. It should be noted that this disease is very difficult to notice at the initial stage. When infected with mildew, spots on grapes are yellowish and oily. But after the rain, they are covered with a slight white coating.

Oidium and Mildew diseases are very dangerous, since they affect both the grape bush and the harvest itself.

White plaque from infected grapes you immediately distinguish from the varietal sign, and the usual plaque will not harm a person.

Editorial Board
A common and effective measure disease control This is a permanganate spray. The solution is simple: in 1 liter of warm water it is necessary to add a dozen crystals of permanganate. The water should only be a little pink. Spraying is made 1 time every two weeks, and you need to water both healthy and affected grape bushes.

This measure is effective as a prevention. Grape planting should be processed twice a year - in spring and after flowering. It is very important not to process the plant during flowering, so that manganese does not get into the berries, and then into the human body.

I hope this information was useful to you. Share this article with those friends who will need it.

And I suggest you cook just a delicious taste salad with grapes.

Tags

See also

New and interesting