Why do you need to bake in large batches?

My husband's grandmother is from Dresden, and she was the one who told me the recipe for this delightful one. Christmas cake. Try to cook it just once, and it will become your guests’ favorite Christmas pastries, because it is a real quintessence of excellent taste and stunning aroma!

Once Stollen was a favorite delicacy of German kings, and now without this delicious cupcake somewhat unusual shape, symbolizing the baby Christ in diapers, no one does. Christmas-tea in Germany. And in Dresden, in the homeland of Stollen, even arrange in his honor a special festival - Stollenfest.

Stollen Christmas Edition "Site" prepared for you Christmas recipe. Try it and fall in love with it once and for life!

Ingredients for opar
  • 100 ml of whole milk
  • 25g dry yeast
  • 110g flour

Test ingredients
  • 350g softened butter
  • 230g flour
  • 45g sugar
  • 225g soft raisins
  • 50g whole almonds
  • 35g orange peel candy
  • 30g walnuts
  • 30g hazelnuts
  • peel 1/2 orange
  • peel 1/2 lemon
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 30 ml of water
  • pinch

Ingredients for decoration
  • 55g vanilla sugar
  • 55g powdered sugar
  • 115g ghee butter

Preparation
  1. First, mix the milk and yeast with flour, and then cover with a plastic film and put the opium in a warm place. Within 10 minutes, the mass will double in volume.

2. Beat the butter in a separate bowl. Add to it the steam, flour, sugar and peel. Mix the dough. Then add salt and continue to knead the dough until it is soft and elastic.

3. Transfer the dough into a bowl oiled in advance, cover it with food film and place it in a warm place for 20 minutes. After that, you need to slightly mix the dough to release the resulting air, again cover the bowl with food film and remove the workpiece in a warm place for 20 minutes.

4. Now we move on to dried fruits and nuts. Take out the dough and put it on the working surface. Put almonds, candies, raisins, orange peels, walnuts and hazelnuts in it and mix them in dough by hand. So nuts and candies will maintain their integrity.

5. After all the sweet additives are well mixed with the dough, divide the workpiece into 2 halves and, covering with food film, put them for 5 minutes in a warm place. Next, break the pieces of dough into 2 large cakes with your hands.

Each of the cakes should be rolled into a layer of 4 cm thick. In the middle of the rolled dough, make a groove. Fold the dough in this hollow, but not in half, but with a displacement of 1/3, overlaid. Then again leave the blanks to rest for 5 minutes, covering with food film.

6. The tray is covered with parchment and lay out the shtollens on it, putting them on decoupling for 45 minutes, covering with a food film or a wet towel.

7. Mix the egg with water and salt, and then lubricate the resulting mixture future Christmas cake. Bake Stollen for about 40 minutes at a temperature of 170 degrees.

8. After cooking, let stollen cool and only after that lubricate it with a brush with melted butter, and then sprinkle and soak well with a mixture of powdered sugar and sugar.

9. Stollenes can be stored in parchment paper at room temperature.

I also suggest that you familiarize yourself with 5 delightful variations of the recipe for Christmas kutya. Without this traditional treat, the Christmas table is considered inferior.

And here is another secret from my husband's great-grandmother - you can bake stallen only in a good mood, so it will be even tastier, and your loved ones, trying this excellent delicacy, will definitely feel that it is made with soul and love.

I congratulate you on the upcoming Christmas and wish to spend it happily and with close people.

Did you like the recipe? Share it with your friends and acquaintances, perhaps one of them will want to bake it just for you!

Tags

See also

New and interesting