What is a feminine combination

I lived with my grandmother for a long time as a child. I always remember this period warmly. She often told me some stories from her youth, and sometimes just remembered how life was “under the Union”. One day, while telling another story, she fished out of an old dresser a stack of neatly folded dresses. At least I thought they were dresses.

In fact, they were combinations - fashionable among Soviet women element of underwear. Most of the combinations were quite common: slightly worn cotton and without much decoration. But two were very special. One soft blue color, very soft and pleasant to the touch. At the bottom and in the area of the neckline, it was neatly decorated with lace.

And the second is snow-white, made of very smooth fabric, not yellowed from time to time. I could see they were worn two or three times, no more. Grandma gave the combination to me. I used them as pajamas. But this is not their direct purpose. Editorial "Site" It will tell you why women in the USSR wore combinations en masse.

Female combinations are an element underwearIt was made of cotton or silk. Almost every Soviet woman had this fashionable wardrobe item. In many sources, you can find references to the fact that combinations are an invention of the Soviet Union. That's just for some reason women at that time wore combines from Yugoslavia, Italy, Poland and even France.

So why did the combinations become so popular? First, as I said, it became fashionable. No matter what, the combinations were beautiful. Although domestic cotton was not so elegant, but imported women delighted. Silk, bright, with ebb, beautifully decorated with lace foreign combines fell to the taste of women. What else does it take to make it fashionable?

The second reason for the popularity of combinations is aesthetics. In those years it was simply indecent that the bra was visible from under the clothes, and even more so the naked part of the body. If the blouse was made of light fabric and slightly translucent, the combination saved the situation. So with the help of a simple thing, female honor was saved.

It is unlikely that a decent Soviet woman would have said this in those days, but just imagine how beautiful and seductive such a thing looks on a woman's body. Anyway, women have always liked beautiful underwear, and men - women in beautiful underwear.

The last, but good reason is practicality. Synthetic dresses and skirts had an unpleasant property: they were electrified and stuck to their feet. Antistatics at that time was quite difficult to get, so the combination saved a hurrah. In winter, when wearing wool sweaters, the combinations were necessary, because things made of wool were terribly pricked.

Speaking of Soviet times, it would be nice to recall other differences of that period. We have already told about the peculiarities of Soviet life, which were found in almost every house.

Now, as then, the underwear is undoubtedly getting dirty and yellow. We know how to restore the white bra and save it from yellowness. Trust me, it'll be like new!

Did you wear combinations? Would you wear that linen now? Tell me in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting