Tips for installing sockets and switches in the house

“Usually, we only understand after the work is finished where it should have been started,” this statement successfully describes any repair, and especially the installation of sockets and switches.

DepositPhotos

It would seem that the repairs are completed, it remains to remove and arrange the furniture, and then (oh horror!) you understand: sockets are not where they are needed, furniture blocks them. And the new sockets are new wires in the wall, which means that you need to tear and glue the wallpaper again, and so on in a circle.

DepositPhotos

The ideal option is to consider the placement of electrical appliances and furniture at the planning stage of repair. In order not to step on the same rake next time, I made notes, and my notebook was replenished with various non-obvious decisions on electrician, which I am happy to share with readers!

Installation of sockets and switches
  1. Hallway switchWho turns everything off in the apartment!
    Great idea! After all, it often happens that he has already dressed, put on shoes, and then it turns out that the light is on the second floor. Or you go to work and you think, "Did I turn off the iron?" Solving all these problems in one fell swoop is very tempting, the main thing is that the refrigerator is turned off separately, or you will have to throw out spoiled products very often.

DepositPhotos
  2. Rosettes in slopes
    Rosettes, as you know, do not happen much. Rosettes in slopes It is useful if the surface of the window sill performs the function of the kitchen working area, if the kitchen is small and you need to save every centimeter of free space, if there is a table next to the window. For example, I have a blender on my windowsill in which I make smoothies every day. And there's no outlet... We've got an extension cord that ruins the whole view.

And before the New Year, you will thank yourself for this outlet when you decorate the window in the nursery (and perhaps in the kitchen) with New Year’s garlands.

3. Bedside switches
    And not only by the bed, but everywhere in the passageways. This life hack is not new, I constantly meet it in hotels, but many forget about it when they make repairs.

4. Regulator for the warm floor - at eye level
    It is at this height that it is convenient to adjust. Why are all the builders trying to put it closer to the floor?

5. Full lighting on the balcony
    When you light the loggia, don't forget the switch. And it turns out: I went to the balcony, saw that it was dark, and I had to go back to the room to turn on the lights.

6. More sockets in the bathroom
    A hair dryer, a washing machine, maybe a dryer, an electric toothbrush... For everything you need sockets, which, by the way, can be hidden in a locker.

7. Cleaner outlets
    Many have not one vacuum cleaner, but two: a regular one and a robot. For all these assistants, you need an outlet, and at a certain level: for an ordinary vacuum cleaner 30-40 cm from the floor and in each room, for a robot - in the hallway, taking into account the place for recharging.

DepositPhotos
  8. Socket for charging gadgets in the kitchen
    Make sure it's included! Imagine that you are cooking from a tablet, and the tablet is dead! You don’t have a free socket in the kitchen. And now it will! If we are talking about outlets provided for small household appliances such as a blender or a coffee grinder, then think in advance how many household appliances you may need when cooking. If you have difficulty in this matter, then use one of our recommendations.

For each linear meter of the working surface, there should be at least one socket. This does not mean that sockets should be installed every meter, they may well be grouped together in several pieces.

You can do even easier and install on the kitchen “fart” 2-3 outlets above each free countertop. Usually it is two or three groups of outlets. Do not forget to place one or two outlets in the dining area. It will be useful if you need to charge a cell phone or connect, for example, a laptop.

9. Hide the sockets in the closets
    If there are already a lot of outlets on the kitchen apron and it looks ugly, hide them, for example, to the bottom of hinged cabinets.

10. Computer outlets
    Think about what kind of computer you work at: for a desktop computer you will need 3-4 outlets, for a laptop you need to make an outlet in all the places where you usually sit with it: next to a desk, chair, sofa.

DepositPhotos

Proper wiring in the apartment is the basis of comfort and well-being. Therefore, it is so important to know exactly where to lay the wiring, and where to place sockets and switches.

Editorial "Site" I would be happy to assist you in planning the repair. We have prepared for you a selection of the freshest and most relevant interior design ideas. Tell us in the comments, do you plan to repair this year and what would you like to know about this topic.

Tags

See also

New and interesting