What is dangerous hyperprotection over children

How to distinguish child care from hypercare? If, thanks to your upbringing, a weak-willed and indecisive person grows out of a baby, then you overdo it.

Sometimes parents take on too much responsibility that should belong to their children. The result is growing non-independent personalities. Let’s look at the cases when this happens.

DepositPhotos

Parental chats in Viber were invented to inform, and became a tool for controlling children.

Now you can often read messages like: “Tell me what I asked for tomorrow?” Let’s decide for the children what to do. They are asked by the parents of high school students. Is that right? A teenage child is able to learn homework. And this is just a small example of hyperprotection.

DepositPhotos A family in which hyperprotection is present becomes "detocentric." Her whole life revolves around the interests of children. Baby is the only thing mom and dad think about.

Parents give him superpowers, and in life do everything for him, as a result of which he loses even the basic skills of self-care and the ability to stand up for himself in society. And then they wonder why their child did not become a light in the window.

DepositPhotos

Parents cease to be husband and wife to each other. They put their hopes on the child, who is set an example of self-denial. Can a happy child grow up with an unhappy parent?

Often, I want to say to the irrepressible: “Leave the children alone, take care of yourself, do not spoil their lives with hyperprotection.”

DepositPhotos

Some people hide behind good intentions: I want the child to grow up successful, well-off, comprehensively developed. That is why I give it to all sorts of circles and sections.”

Wait a minute, do children want to engage in the activities imposed on them? In this case, parents try to give them what they did not have and do not have, that is, they realize their hidden desires at the expense of others.

It is from parents that children adopt stereotypes of behavior and attitude to life. And what can children learn from unfulfilled adults who take their children around in circles to forget that they regret the years spent in vain? You have to start with yourself.

At the other extreme, parents are still interested in the child’s preferences and desires, but fulfill them fanatically. Literally learn to draw for him, if the child goes, for example, to art school.

This is not the path of development, but of pleasure. It leads nowhere. Again, it is chosen by a parent who has no self-interest.

DepositPhotos

In order not to bring to extremes, it is important to understand that it is impossible to live for children their lives, as well as to protect them from mistakes intended for them by fate. Trying to unnecessarily insure children, parents personally deprive them of the opportunity to fully grow up, gain experience, realize the potential given by nature to each person.

They turn them into uninitiative and infantile beings who do not have an opinion, do not know what they want, and have not developed any life position.

DepositPhotos The parent must carry responsibilityand responsibility for the health of the childbut not manic.

Realizing that he is not God, not a doctor, not a teacher, not a ruler of lives, but simply a native person whose task is to love and set a good example. Otherwise, you can do the closest disservice, the consequences of which will have to be corrected for years.

Tags

See also

New and interesting