When you need to support a loved one

“My husband became ill, received a certificate of disability and is staying at home. I work hard to pay for my son's food and school. In three years of his life, he never learned to do basic things. Cooking, cleaning, everything is on me. He's always angry. I don't even want to go home. He has no responsibility for the family, writes Jeanne, 54.

Such cases are not uncommon. Family psychologists face similar situations almost daily. Some details may vary. For example, the husband may be in good health, but he also has problems with employment.

In this case, it is extremely important that the wife supports and treats her man with understanding, so that he can survive this crisis and take up the problem with renewed strength.

Editorial "Site" I decided to find out why men are so important. womanwith whom he has devoted his life, and whether attention Spouses can do wonders.

It may seem that a man who finds himself in a difficult situation, from which he cannot find a way out, is angry at everyone around him. However, this impression is mistaken, most often man is mad at himself Because of their helplessness in the face of circumstances.

It can be a serious illness that has limited what is available to others, or being fired from a company to which he has devoted many years of hard work, or even personal failures in matters that have been spent countless amounts of time and effort.

In anything stumbling, making mistakes, failing, men experience great disappointment and resentment. This self-disappointment is not like that experienced by women, it is bigger and deeper at times.

Many factors influence this. Society initially designated a man as a representative of the stronger sex. Even if no external stimuli remind you of this, on a subconscious level, a man still feels moral pressure from society.

The second factor lies in the fact that most men are more egocentric and vain than the fair sex. It is very important for them to always and in everything be the first and unsurpassed, and when they do not succeed, they are overwhelmed by a huge annoyance.

Men are emotionally closed creatures. They do not like to talk about their problems and complain about the difficult fate. Such behavior, in their opinion, degrades dignity, so as an alternative method, the most optimal for the release of negative emotions, they choose anger.

Emotional support is absolutely necessary for everyone, and in difficult situations, the only person to whom a man can turn for it is his wife.

A husband may unconsciously give up fighting for relationships, family, and adaptation on his own, minimizing his efforts to avoid the pain of a reality in which he has already once suffered a major setback.

Of course. Women need the support of a loved one no less.However, as for the emotional plan, women are able to get rid of internal tension and pull themselves together, unlike some men.

Support and mutual understanding are the basis of marriage, and a strong family is built on them. An ordinary heart-to-heart conversation can completely change the lives of spouses.

Share an article with your friends on social networks so they know what will help improve relationships and strengthen the family.

Tags

See also

New and interesting