Mom works abroad, and there is no one to look after her grandmother, so I decided to take her to me.

“I want to sell my grandmother’s house because I take it with me. But something inside me suggests that this is a mistake, our reader Galina shares. She found herself in a very difficult situation in which an important moral choice had to be made. What happened and what decision the woman came to in the end, read further in the article.

My mother has been working abroad for many years and earns a decent living. She often helps me and my brother with money, for which I am very grateful. We look after our grandmother, her mother. Now she lives in the countryside, but it is difficult for her to be alone all the time.

The question is who will take care of our grandmother. I live with my husband and children in my home. My brother lives in a small apartment. So at a family meeting, we made a decision that it would be right for me to take Grandma with me. We have enough space to make her comfortable. And in the fresh air you can walk just like in the village.

When the mother returns home, the grandmother will move to her apartment and live with her. But what about Grandma's house? I want to sell my grandmother's house because it's old and falling apart. But it's not worth talking about. I'm sure she'll be upset.

My mother supported my plan, but something inside me tells me that this is a big mistake. When my husband and I arrived in our village, my grandmother was cooking for us in the kitchen, but it was as if she wasn’t happy with us. She walked around the house for a very long time, looked in every locker, walked around the yard. It was very painful to watch her say goodbye to her home.

She was going through her things, she put something aside to pick up. And I left some of my stuff in the closet and said, "Galjuya, I'll take that back later, okay?" Let him lie down and wait for me.” In that moment, I realized how much she valued memory, not the things themselves. And then I looked around and realized how much had happened inside this house. My mother was born and I took my first steps.

Grandma couldn't say goodbye to her house once and for all, she'd want to come back here again and again. Selling her house without even asking her would be wrong. So I decided I would come here from time to time. I'll try to clean it up, maybe make a minimal repair. And when my mom comes back, we'll have a family party at Grandma's house!

What was I thinking? My grandmother always taught me and my brother to take care of everything around us. She always wanted us to grow up to be kind and compassionate people. I'm so glad I didn't make this terrible mistake and now I can bring Grandma here at least occasionally to rest here with her soul.

Sometimes we think pragmatically. forgetting the spiritual aspect of life. People of mature age are closer to the second than the first. If Galina really sold her grandmother’s house without her knowledge, most likely, the woman would be very hurtful and dreary. However, the granddaughter realized in time that he was making a mistake, and was able to replay everything.

Unfortunately, respect for grandparents has become rare in our time. However, we believe that such stories can change the current course of things for the better. Let’s share some good and motivational material on this topic!

Tags

See also

New and interesting