Born and raised in the Caucasus, I show how we cook beef ribs so that the meat is separated from the bone.

Recently I had the opportunity to meet a charming woman who was born and raised in the Caucasus. It was the birthday of our mutual friend, and, as is usually the case with summer birthday parties, we decided to organize the holiday in the format of kebabs.

I noticed that while our friend was cooking the meat, Amina (the lovely person I mentioned earlier) never walked away from him. It turned out that she was leading the process all the time.

The new friend said that her father is a cook, so she knows everything about the proper preparation of meat. Word for word, I managed to get a lot of interesting culinary advice from her. In particular, I learned how to best cook beef ribs in Caucasian. Today I am happy to share this wonderful recipe!

I found a similar recipe on YouTube. On the channel "My Kitchen" wonderful hostess Lyudmila in detail tells about his experience of cooking beef ribs. We leave a link to her video recipe for more clarity.

How to prepare beef ribs Ingredients
  • 1kg beef ribs
  • 350ml broth
  • 3 bulbs
  • 1 large carrot
  • tasteful
  • chili
  • salt
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 3 bay leaves
  • fluff
  • vegetable-oil

Preparation
  1. First of all, the ribs must be divided and roasted in a pan from all sides to a golden crust. If the ribs have a small layer of fat, we use vegetable oil for roasting. However, if desired, you can replace the oil with a homemade babe, so the taste of the dish will be more saturated.

2. Then we put the ribs in a pot with a thick bottom. Then we clean and cut the vegetables. Onions are cut with semi-rings, carrots with straw or large slices (who likes it more).

3. Then lay the onions with carrots on the same pan where the meat was cooked, and roast for 5 minutes on a small heat. Then we send the vegetables to the pan to the ribs. 739262

4. At the final stage of preparation, we add crushed garlic, bay leaves, favorite spices, salt and black ground pepper to the pan. You can do without spices if you want the taste of meat to be more concentrated. Caucasian chefs usually add only tomato paste or fresh tomatoes to enhance the taste. In this case, some do even without salt, since tomatoes give off sourness, and the meat already acquires a pronounced taste.

5. At the end, add broth to the pan, cover everything with a lid and bring to a boil over a large fire. Then reduce the fire to a minimum and leave the ribs to extinguish for 2-2.5 hours.

If you do not want to add either water or broth to the ribs, you should use much more onions. Experts of Caucasian cuisine advise to make a dense pillow of fresh onions and already lay roasted meat on it. In this case, the onion gives a lot of juice, which is quite enough to make the ribs well stewed.

How do you usually make beef ribs? We will be grateful if you share your own experience of cooking this wonderful dish in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting