Where do all the yolks go in my kitchen?

Where do the yolks go? The eternal question is a dilemma for those who bake. I have several options: fry the pastry cooker's eggs, that is, it is only yolks, make custard, great for Napoleon or eclairs. Or cook. cookie with condensed under the interesting name "Alfahores" according to an ancient Latin American recipe.

Today I propose to focus on the third option. And please don't be afraid of the name "Alfahores" - it's sandy. sandwich It's filled with boiled condensed matter. The edges of cookies can be "processed" to your taste. I have this coconut shaving.

Homemade cookies with condensed today edition "Site" Instructions for preparing Latin American Alfahores cookie-cake. Recipe from the talented Olga Shobutinskaya!

Test ingredients
  • 100g butter
  • 200-250g flour
  • 80g cornstarch
  • 70g sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 yolk
  • 8g vanilla sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch

Filling ingredients
  • 200g boiled condensed milk
  • 40g nuts
  • 20g coconut shavings
  • powder

Preparation
  1. Butter at room temperature cut into squares. Add sugar and vanilla sugar to the oil. Hit the mixer for about 5 minutes.

2. In a separate container beat an egg with a yolk and a pinch of salt with a fork. Add the egg mass to the oil-sugar, beat the mixer for about 2-3 minutes. Add baking powder starch to the flour. Stir, and then add the dry mixture to the liquid mass.

3. Stir the dough with a spatula in a bowl, and then transfer to a table dusted with flour and stir for about 2 minutes. Collect the dough in a lump, wrap it in food film and put it in the fridge for an hour.

4. Roast the nuts in the pan. If possible, slightly remove the husk. Grind with a knife or with a blender.

5. Roll the dough between two layers of parchment paper in a layer 0.5 cm thick. Cut out from the test round blanks with a diameter of 5-6 cm. Put the blanks on a pan covered with parchment paper. Pruning the dough again roll into the formation and cut out of them round cookies. It's about 23 to 24 pieces.

6. Bake in a preheated to 180 degrees oven for 14-15 minutes. Chill the cookies on the bar.

7. Smear one cookie with boiled condensed and cover it with a second cookie. The edges are also coated and sprinkled with coconut shavings or crushed nuts. So shape all the cookies. On the top slightly sprinkle the product with powdered sugar.

8. That's it, sweets and gentle "Alfahores" Ready. Bon appetit!

And to get more acquainted with this recipe, watch the video with cook-channel Olga Shobutinskaya. Olga, thank you for the wonderful recipes. Everything comes out the first time and without much fuss!

about:blank

I also suggest reading the instructions for preparing a quick cake without pastries from cookies and condensed foods. Everyone’s favorite from childhood “Anthroat” is prepared quickly, without fuss, and also does not require an oven, so you can easily cook it, even while traveling!

I highly recommend this cookie. flattened Prepare for the arrival of guests or just for home tea. This pastry is not only very tasty, tender and crumbly, but also has a rich history - since the XI century!

The Spanish borrowed the recipe from the Arabs, in whose language “alfahor” means something like “fantastic sweets”. And they took them with them to South America, where the biscuits took root in Argentina and enriched them with traditional condensed milk.

Have you tried one? Do you like condensed milk cookies?

Tags

See also

New and interesting