A brother from the United States came to visit, and parents are rapidly younger by twenty years

“My older brother recently came to visit with his wife from America. He has lived and worked there for 10 years. He went to see his parents for the third time. Andrey brought a lot of fashionable clothes to his parents and other foreign stuff, says Dima. While his brother went to work, Dima stayed to help his parents. Now he regrets his choice.

The mother blossomed before her eyes and forgot about all health problems, before the arrival of her son, she prepared a lot of delicious food. The parents were happy that Andrew came with his daughter-in-law. We danced around the guests all the time. Dad played with American grandchildren, and my mother tried to treat her daughter-in-law with delicious food: then she baked pies, then she stewed meat.

So for two weeks we had a big holiday at home. And the daughter-in-law drank tea every now and then, she did not offer any help around the house to her mother. When it came time to leave, the Pope handed Andrei an envelope with money. He smiled and said what to do with rubles in America, but the envelope still took.

When my brother and family left, my mother’s blood pressure jumped in the evening. She asked Marina to make tea. And my dad told me to go chop wood because he's old and I have to help. I watched my wife cook in the kitchen and got a little sad.

My wife and I have been living in my parents’ house for 10 years. Mom and Dad stopped doing housework a long time ago. As soon as the parents retired, they immediately began to take care of themselves, once again they do not strain and do not go outside. Marina and I do housework. They repaired everything together, put up a new fence at their own expense.

Andrew is a rare guest at his parents’ house. But when he arrives, mom and dad become completely different people. Become active, positive, nothing bothers them. I stayed with my parents to look after them, but now I realize I did it in vain. I put so much effort and money into renovating my parents' home that it's a shame to leave it all that way. But they don't appreciate my help, everyone praises my older brother, and people tell me I'm a loser. I don't know what to do.

The less you see your relatives, the more they love you. In fact, it is quite understandable why parents are so happy with their eldest son. They see him once every few years. All he can do is bring them from abroad. The younger brother should start his life outside the parental home and visit them from time to time to help with the housework. Maybe they will understand how much they need their son’s help. It is difficult to say what is best to do. What would you do in that situation?

Tags

See also

New and interesting