Letters from a Chinese woman from St. Petersburg, touchingly described our life to relatives

Not so long ago we wrote about how the Japanese perceive the Russians. Not without humor! Today we will tell you how they behave. ChineseWhen they first arrive. You will see everything on the example of the Chinese Sophia (yes, this is an interesting name for her), who came to Russia at the invitation of her friend. She shared her impressions on her blog as well as letters to her family.

Having gone with her friend on a trip to Moscow and St. Petersburg, the girl was impressed more than once. Let’s see how young Chinese Sophia perceives Russian reality.

© Freepik Chinese in Russia Interesting to read it blogIn which she shares her impression of the trip with her Chinese followers. If you look at everything through her eyes, you can see your country in a completely different way. Or, on the contrary, be surprised by this perception.

So, it was the summer of 2019.

A Russian friend met Sofia at Sheremetyevo airport far past midnight. The only transport they could use was a taxi.

When the guy and the girl got into the car, it turned out that the driver hardly speaks Russian. English doesn't understand at all. He was traveling at a speed of 130 km / h on the highway, and at requests to slow down simply nodded his head and explained that he did not understand them at all.

Here is how Sophia described the story in her blog:

“Max met me at the airport and then we called a taxi. I didn't like the driver, he looked angry and dangerous. As far as I understand, he was also a foreigner and did not speak Russian. Are foreigners allowed to work in Russia without a work visa? We were going so fast that I was very scared, asked him to slow down in English, but he just ignored me. Taking a taxi in Russia is very dangerous.

Her friend was sad that her first impression of Russia was the same driver. But he admitted that she was good, as she did not allow this situation to spoil the overall impression of the country.

A friend could not spend with a Chinese woman as much as 24 hours a day and sometimes left on his own business. At this time, Sofia walked around the city and independently studied everything, including local sights.

She often called to translate phrases into Russian to the people she was trying to talk to. Unfortunately, it turned out that people in Russia often do not understand English.

If you, friends, are planning to go to Russia, be sure to download the translator or learn a few phrases in Russian. People here don't understand English at all! I tried to buy ice cream, and the salesman didn't understand me. I decided to ask for help from passers-by, but they just ignored me. As a result, I had to call my Russian friend to explain to the seller what I want, Sophia wrote in a blog post.

Delicious food in cafes and restaurants Sofia loved all kinds of fast food, cafes and restaurants. Most of the time I ordered coffee. She loved this drink, so she and a friend went to the establishments almost every day.

Here's what she tells the Chinese:

“There are very cheap coffee shops in Russia!” I drink coffee every day in different places where my Russian friend Max brings me. There is a lot of cheap baking in Russia. Cakes here are simply incredible and sell for only 5-6 yuan. I like that the coffee houses are stylishly decorated, I appreciate the high-quality design in the establishments and believe that in Russia they are made with taste!

The Chinese in Russia, or the Russians are the most sincere people for them This point causes the most affection. Read with a smile!

© Freepik Maxim, of course, introduced Sofia to his close friends in St. Petersburg. They spent time together, walked around the city, relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

Sophia was very impressed by Peter. She gave him a special place on her blog:

Guys, I recommend all Chinese to visit St. Petersburg! Such soulful people live here! I was embarrassed at first. Maxim introduced me to his friends, they are very kind and smiling. We walked through very beautiful historical places, the guys took me to temples, we watched bridges across the rivers that flow right in the middle of the city!

And in the middle of the street we were caught by a passer-by and offered a free tour in English, he told about the architecture of the city and showed some cozy corners in the city. In exchange for a two-hour story, he asked for only one Chinese coin to give to his nephew, which surprised me so much!

Now you can understand how the Chinese feel in Russia. As you can see, Russia impressed the guest. And I am glad that the incident with the taxi driver did not spoil the opinion of the country. And yes, she liked Peter much more than Moscow. The girl noticed that there are more interesting and more beautiful sights. And most importantly, people are much kinder!

If you've been talking to St. Petersburg, don't you? Write in the comments what you think about the Chinese perception of Russia.

Tags

See also

New and interesting