Instructions for cooking basturma from the Armenian hostess Aegine

You like basturma? I'm very! I used to eat it only in restaurants until I found it. basturbate at home. The recipe for this delicious snack was peeked at the radiant Armenian hostess Aegine.

Today's edition. "Site" Share a quick and easy way to prepare Armenian basturb. Slice in thin pieces and serve to the table. The house is delighted!

How to prepare Basturma Ingredients
  • 1.5kg beef fillet
  • 2 kg salt
  • 1 tbsp fenugreek
  • 160g paprika
  • 1 tsp spicy pepper
  • 1.5 tsp curing
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 7 cloves of garlic
  • 1.5-2 tables of water or beet juice

Preparation
  1. Wash the meat, cut into pieces, put in a wide bowl and pour plenty of salt on both sides. The amount of salt - look at the gas: it can go from one kilogram to two. Put the meat in the refrigerator for two days.

2. After the right time, remove the meat from the refrigerator, wash it, dry it with paper napkins. Next, you need to wrap each piece of meat in a paper napkin. Put the meat on the pan, put the press on top. Aegine does it like this: on the meat pan lays out another batter, and on it a dumbbell of 4 kilograms. Meat under the press should lie for about a day in a cold place. Periodically it is necessary to remove the press, unfold the meat and see if there is any liquid on the napkin. If there is, wrap again in a clean paper towel.

3. After 24 hours, the meat can be hung on ropes to dry for another 2 days, so that it is completely dry, even on the cut. To do this, the meat must be pierced with a long hook or strung on a culinary thread. Hang in a dry place with cool air.
  4. To prepare the sauce in a convenient container, combine finely chopped garlic, paprika, hot ground pepper, cuir, coriander powder, fenugreek. Break everything with a blender, and then pour water or beet juice. With the second option, the meat will be more red. Dip the meat in this sauce. Wait until the first layer dries, then apply the second layer with a knife and carefully level.

5. Hang the meat in the sauce and leave for 2 days in a cold, well-ventilated place.

6. At the end of the term, unhook the basturma, cut thin slices and eat for your pleasure, treat friends, guests and neighbors. Bon appetit!

I also suggest to get acquainted with the proven recipe, according to which you can make a chicken breast basturma at home. The hardest thing about cooking is not to eat meat early!

Now you know how basturize. I really like this recipe because it is not a month, but a little more than a week.

Do you like basturma? Have you ever cooked it yourself? I would be happy to hear about it in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting