Why You Shouldn't Help Your Neighbors

Helping neighbors - commonplace. When you live together for many years, you become friends. It's hard not to communicate when you see each other every day, especially if you have children of the same age. Of course, everything happens, but this is what happened in our history.

Editorial "Site" It tells a story in which the neighbors became almost a family, but then one illustrative case. changed everything..

After the wedding, we immediately moved to live with my husband’s mother. A year later, a young couple, our peers, settled in the neighborhood. We immediately became friends, began to communicate. We visited each other and often celebrated holidays together. Natasha and I got pregnant at about the same time.

Of course, our children also became friends. When their youngest turned 5, Natasha decided it was time to go looking for a better life abroad. Their apartment is old and they want to renovate. Toli, her husband, has a good job, but they could not save up for repairs. Natasha couldn't find a place.

So she left, leaving Tolia with two children. I knew the kids needed a mother, no matter what. My mother-in-law sat with the youngest while Tolia was at work. They ate and slept, and sometimes stayed all weekend. When Natasha settled in Italy and began to send money, Tolik was busy with repairs. When he made the bedroom, their children lived for about a week. My husband's hands are gold, he's done repairs before. So he started helping his neighbor. To bring something, to borrow tools, to follow the workers. And that was normal. Surely. neighbourhood - It's a good thing.

Natasha's request for help in Italy is now 5 years old. He comes often, but he doesn't stay here long. He says we'll save a little more and then I'll be back. Over the years, I felt like I was almost a family. But after what happened recently, I think I was wrong.

My mother-in-law became very ill and went to the hospital. My husband just bought a car, the money was only for household expenses. Just enough for my husband's salary. The money is urgent. All the savings were stolen, but still not enough. I called Natasha. I'm telling you, my mother-in-law's down, I need the money now, lend it till paycheck, I'll be back in two weeks.

She paused and then said, "Sorry, friend, but we just ordered furniture in the living room, there's no money." Why are you so worried? It's not your mother, it's just your mother-in-law. Consider yourself a stranger. Let the husband understand.”

I felt so bad right away. You should have said that! Yeah. "stranger" raised your children. They even call Lyudmila Fedorovna a grandmother, she is like a native to them. While Natasha worked abroad, it was my mother-in-law who was for their mother and grandmother. And now she's sorry for a couple of thousand. Not forever, but in debt.

I don’t count other people’s money, of course, but they certainly have savings. Tolik recently reasoned that a little more saved up, and you can think about a second apartment. But it doesn't matter, nothing. It's just a shame that the people you've considered family for years don't really put you in a penny. Did they just take advantage of us all these years and we were such hopeless fools?

Editorial opinion The situation is really strange. But we don’t think we should cut it off from the shoulder. Neighbors did not do well by refusing help. This is not about stupidity, but about human health. But maybe people really don’t have free money at the moment. It's hard to tell what it really is.

On the one hand, it is unpleasant to receive a refusal, and even with such comments. Neighbors, on the other hand, are not required to give money at the first call. It is always worth remembering that helping out of good intentions, you should not count on a return service. Who do you think is right and who is not in this situation?

Tags

See also

New and interesting