Why a neighbor's cherry is sweeter than its own

I would like to talk about one controversial topic that worries many summer residents. What to do with a neighbor's cherry if it's hanging over a fence? It seems that the tree grows on a neighboring plot, but its fruits hang on your territory. How to act correctly in such a situation, we will tell you in this article.

What to do with a neighbor's cherry if it hangs over the fence Country disputes are not uncommon, almost every second summer resident faces a similar problem. Someone else's trees do not interfere, but someone brings a continuous headache. It's good if the neighbors are understanding people: then everything can be resolved peacefully. But there are times when you cannot do without clarification.

Well, let's try to figure out who is right and who is wrong. Of course, each case is individual, but the situation with the "neighbor's cherry" is the same for everyone.

Sawing neighbors or cherries? First, you can tell your neighbors that you are going to harvest fruits from their tree. In most cases, they don't mind, and they will also be pleased that you respect their opinion. In addition, perhaps you will share the fruits with them and you will have a good time together over a delicious dessert. Or, alternatively, invite your neighbors to collect cherries from their tree. It's best to approach the situation politely first.

Secondly, if the neighbors resist, then it is worth remembering that on the basis of the law on property rights (Article 149), the owner of the immovable territory has the right to pick up the fruits from the trees and bushes that extend to his site. In addition, he even has the right to require a neighbor to cut branches if they interfere. In case of refusal, you can even do it yourself: the law is completely on your side. So you can do whatever you want with the cherries, but only with those branches that hang over the fence.

By the way, I had a similar situation at my dacha, only with an apple tree. Everything was resolved peacefully: together with our neighbors, we gathered a small crop and divided it equally. But they got to know each other better and talked, and it was like strangers. It seems to me that lately we all lack live communication.

If you have a similar situation, you know what to do. There are many summer residents and gardeners among the readers of "Site", I would like to ask: how did you act in a similar situation? Is the "neighbor's cherry" really sweeter than its own?

Tags

See also

New and interesting