Life with a mother-in-law who thinks her daughter-in-law is nothing

Marriage for love is a great happiness. It is a pity that in our youth we do not always know how to distinguish true love from passion. Loving people will always support each other and first of all become loyal friends, and then lovers. Life after the wedding for a girl changes dramatically. It is not for nothing that in ancient times it was a custom to weep with the bride to accompany her to the house of her parents. Then it was done by default. It was believed that the girl ceases to be free and is doomed to care first of all about her husband’s family and her lover, of course.

Despite the fact that in the 21st century, girls tend to get married, the housing issue adds to the inconvenience. Since they marry at a young age, the first and fatal decision for a couple is to move to their parents.

I married Andrew at the age of 19. I was crazy about him. We met for six months, then we got married and went to live with his parents. I didn't realize at the time that I had made a fatal mistake. I will tell you about an event that turned my life around.

At the time, I worked and studied, only to come home to take a breath: sleep a few hours and eat. After a night shift in a taxi, I returned home. She cut off a piece of bread and poured tea. It was time to go to school that day, so I was in a hurry. My mother-in-law and her daughter silently looked at me, sitting in the kitchen, did not even say hello. Only I was on my wavelength and didn't notice their sour faces.

They both had their usual facial expressions as soon as I was in sight. At one time I tried to joke, but then I realized that my jokes only cause notation. All the complaints were passed on to my husband. He reacted strangely to it.

In fact, since we got married, it's been a bit of a turn-up. After two weeks of living together, Andrew began to behave like a stranger. Mother and sister came out on top, and in their family I was like the fifth wheel in the cart. These thoughts flashed through my head when I saw disgruntled faces.”

When I returned from university, Andrew was at home. I was surprised because he had to work the second shift that day. I saw her and her mom and sister sitting in the kitchen talking. As soon as they noticed me, they stopped talking. From this spectacle I began to laugh hysterically, I could not stop, tears splashed from my eyes. Then my mother-in-law said, “Well, okay?” Take a loan, then, Andrey gathered and left. I was openly ignored.

I asked him why he needed a lot of money so quickly. I asked for a reason, because we were going to rent. To which my mother-in-law said to me: “The wallpaper is already tired, we need to change them.” Through tears, I said that Andrew and I wanted to move out.

This time my mother-in-law didn’t say, Shut up. You're nothing. That phrase defined my future in this house. I packed my things and went back to my mom. A few years later, I met a man with whom I had two children. The relationship with his mother has developed well, we live separately, and my mother-in-law supports me in everything.

I rarely remember my first marriage. That period of my life taught me a lot. I am happy that my mother did not judge me and took me back to my home. I'm sure I did the right thing. You should not tolerate bullying and insults in your address. A person always has a choice, the main thing is not to shift responsibility for his life and decisions to others.

Tags

See also

New and interesting