After the divorce, she was looking for a babysitter, and her mother-in-law agreed for a small fee.

The life of an independent person is unpredictable. Today you are happily married and make plans for the future, and tomorrow you hold a divorce certificate. To start from scratch, you need strength and motivation. And, of course, the support of close people.

The heroine of our story today has a difficult story. After the divorce, she was left alone with her child. Suddenly there were a lot of problems that needed to be dealt with. Although her parents did not refuse her help, she had to pay for it. In the literal sense of the word. "But does that happen?" you ask. Read our article to find out why this happened.

I was 25 years old when I got pregnant and married. Of course, this is not how I imagined my wedding. But then it didn’t matter, because with all my heart I loved my baby.

© Freepik Our family life with my husband was something ordinary. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to him, because I gave all my time to the child when he was born. My husband was always at work to support us.

But at some point, things went awry. My husband confessed that he was cheating on me and wanted to get a divorce. He did not want to disagree with the scandals, promised to pay alimony on time. I honestly didn’t have the strength to find out. And why?

Divorce brought several problems into my life. My son and I had to live somewhere. And secondly, I need a job. I knew I couldn't do it alone, so I asked my parents for a while. They lived outside the city and in general never denied themselves anything. They had plenty of space.

When my father found out that I was getting a divorce, he said only: “The life of an independent person begins when he is ready to become responsible.” My mom gave me and my son a room on the second floor. But I said I wouldn't just live here. I am no longer a child, so I have to pay for everything.

At first I was in debt to my parents because I was looking for a job. And when I found her, I had to find a nanny for my son. But it is desirable that it is someone who is willing to sit with the child for a little money. I knew that finding such a nanny would be difficult and decided to call my mother-in-law. She might have someone in mind.

Our relationship with my mother-in-law was good. She was very angry about her son’s actions and supported me. When she found out I was looking for a nanny, she volunteered for her role. “For a little money, I can sit with my grandson myself! It's not hard for me, and we get along well, too. Why look for someone else if you have a grandmother? ?

So I started paying my mother-in-law money, and she took care of her son while I was at work. I had to save money to feed myself and my baby. At home, everything was clear. We even had a separate shelf in the refrigerator.

My mom and dad didn’t mind me living with them. There was always some tension in the air. Like it was my fault that my husband cheated on me and left me with a child in my arms. Maybe it is.

She made friends with a colleague at work. When she found out about my life, she was shocked. How can such a relationship with parents exist? Katya sees how I always save on myself, and sometimes offers my help. But I'm so embarrassed!

I don’t know how long it will take to get back on your feet. My son is going to school next year. I can’t imagine how much trouble will come soon. I think we should look for another part-time job to make sure there's enough money for everything. But how to find strength and not lose heart?

A woman raising a child alone will not surprise anyone in our time. But the relationship with parents and mother-in-law, tied to money, is something new. Agree, this is not characteristic of our mentality. If a person is in trouble (and a sudden divorce is akin to it), the people close to him will surely help him. And they'll do it for free.

© Freepik And do you think this relationship with parents is normal? You may have faced similar problems in your life. It would be great if you could share your experience with us. We'll see you in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting