Does a sister have the right to rewrite the parents' house only on herself?

I have always been very upset by one aspect of life in the post-Soviet countries that is not so acute in the West. I think you already know what I'm talking about. housing. Real estate always appears in the news reports, and also has a great impact on our daily life. Inheritance from parents often becomes contention between members of the same family and can even destroy this family.

I constantly hear from my friends stories about apartments, houses and land that they can not share with their relatives. Why are people so eager to take possession of such property?

There are many answers, but the main ones are two. The first is that your own property is freedom and independence. It's a stronghold you'll always have. Renting an apartment often causes many fears. For example, the fear of losing a job. No job, no money. So you're basically staying outside.

The second important aspect, which primarily concerns our part of the world, is related to the difficulties of buying a home. The ratio of prices for apartments and houses to the average earnings of our fellow citizens is ridiculous. Buying an apartment on your own without being a high-ranking programmer or MP is very difficult.

Young people receive apartments from their relatives or take mortgages, which then need to pay a lifetime. Although few people are willing to do this... It’s not too strange that stories like this happen:

Inheritance and justice My friend lives in a large village. Tanya got married early and moved into the home of her husband and his parents 19 years old. Three years later, they had their first baby. And in two more, the second. Her parents were always very cold to her, even eating separately. The children of Tatiana they did not favor, as they had a daughter who lived separately. They did everything they could to help her.

Tanya's family did not live too richly, although immediately after her move, her parents and sister made good repairs. Unfortunately, her mother soon fell ill, and her sister looked after her until the very end, after her mother left and her father. Tanya's sister looked after him, too. After all the tragic events Sister asked Tanya to write a waiver of property parents. Tanya decided that since it was her sister who looked after them all this time, it would be fair to leave her house.

But the house of the husband, most likely, will not go to the children of Tatiana, and their second daughter. So it turns out that my friend was left without any inheritance. Now she is. I regret my decision to leave my sister and home., and a plot of land...

From the editorial office I thought about this situation for a long time, but I could not find it. hypothetical. On the one hand, Tanya and her children need somewhere to live, and the husband, apparently, is not in a hurry to do anything. But on the other hand, the sister really invested a lot of effort, time and money to support her parents. What do you think? Who is right and who is wrong, and what to do?

Tags

See also

New and interesting