What a madam should not do after fifty

“All my life I struggled with aging and pretended to be a different person: more sociable, more relaxed, more stylish. I've spent a lot of time dyeing gray hair, exhausting diets and tons of makeup. Why did I waste my time so much? Editorial "Site" Today I am sharing the story of our reader. After 50, the woman understood what real worldly wisdom is, and radically changed her attitude to the world around her.

A year and a half ago I stopped dyeing my hair and dieting. The main thing is that my food is balanced, full and tasty. Yes, I have gained 10 kg in that time, but it doesn’t bother me. I don’t even buy a gym membership anymore, because I prefer to run in the park in the morning, walking the dog. Now I don’t spend any money on cosmetics because I have enough tone cream, eyebrow pencil and mascara. At 53, I feel like a maximum of 30. Of course, I can perfectly see all my wrinkles, large sides and pigment spots. But my inner state looks completely different.”

The heroine of our article sincerely shared with us the conclusions to which, according to her, she went for a very long time. I too oldto ..."

1. Silence. “If I have something to say, I say it. I am not afraid to remain unheard. I don’t think about how they will react to me. These are their problems, not mine. And if someone hurt me, hurt me, or insulted me, then I say it directly. Do not look for reasons why you deserve bad treatment. It's impossible to earn. You just have to put someone in their place if they violate your personal boundaries.”

2. Worrying about how I look “My husband invited me to lunch at a cafe. I went to pack and found that the shampoo in the house had run out and the trousers I wanted to wear had already been worn twice. If I were a couple of years younger, I would definitely refuse to go out.

But then I realized, Whatever.How do I look when my boyfriend asks me to have lunch with him? He saw me and wants to spend time with me. Don't I care what people think of me? I didn't even iron my shirt. Now I don't iron them at all. They are clean and that is enough.”

3. Feeling guilty If I want to eat a piece of Napoleon at one o’clock in the morning, I will allow myself to do so without a drop of conscience. This is my desire and I have to fulfill it. If someone comes to my house and it's a mess, I won't be ashamed or sorry. Because this is my home, and I can't clean it if I'm not in the mood for it.

4. Wearing uncomfortable clothes “All my clothes should be comfortable, without rubbing or shackling anything. And yes, I'll wear socks with sandals if I feel more comfortable. My feet are more important than anyone else’s ideas of fashion and aesthetics.”

5. Smoking junk “I don’t put anything aside for ‘someday’.” If right now I don't know how to use this thing, it doesn't belong in my house. It's very simple.

6. Being optimistic “I used to think there was something good in every person. Now I realize that I was very mistaken. Not everyone has positive sides. I accepted it and will not waste a minute of my time in a barrel of tar to catch honey.

“I am too old for all these things. But I'm so glad I realized that right now. I still have time. Live the way I want to live.?

What do you think of these principles of life? Did any of these points respond to you? Boldly shared their impressions with us in the comments. Good luck!

Tags

See also

New and interesting