How to influence a mother-in-law who does not want to clean the house

Every married woman needs help with the housework. And working during the legal maternity leave, especially. Why is it so hard for most men to understand this? And is it possible to explain to your loved one about all the household nuances so that he once and for all understood what hard work it is - to manage household chores alone? This is what we will learn today thanks to the story of our reader Catherine.

Four years ago, my husband and I took a mortgage. Children were planned to have after paying off the loan and debts. But God decreed otherwise, and two years later we had our Mishenka.

Since we were not ready for such a turn of fate, the family began to quarrel. Sometimes there was not enough money even for basic products. Everything went to the mortgage payment...

The case was even approaching divorce, but eventually we managed to find a solution.

Since my son had grown up enough, I could safely leave him in the care of my grandmother. That's what happened. My mother lives in another city, so I had to ask my mother-in-law for help with the baby. She, though reluctantly, agreed. At the same time, I quickly found a job and took half of our expenses.

At first I tried to combine work and housekeeping. But over time, the level of fatigue exceeded all possible marks and the hands began to fall. When I asked my husband for help, I received only a dissatisfied snort.

My mother-in-law, in response to my requests, lectured me that she had managed everything without anyone’s help, and I already had a free nanny in her face. That's enough, and she's not going to be my housekeeper.

As a result, the house gradually began to turn into a dump of dirty laundry and unwashed dishes. Coming back from work, I just fell off my feet and all I managed to do was cook dinner and wash the baby’s patties.

I held on for a while. I really wanted to help my husband and quickly close the financial issue. However, since I did not see the same involvement in the household on his part, I had to leave my job and return to my former worries. And everything would be fine if not for the reaction of my husband, who said that I do not care about the welfare of the family and think only about myself.

To say that it is painful to hear such words from him is to say nothing. I don’t know what deserved this attitude, because I really tried my best.

Tags

See also

New and interesting