Is it possible to punch a girl’s ears when she is very young?

When a child is small, parents decide for him. They determine what he will eat, what he will wear. And this is quite a natural process, because the baby can not make informed decisions. But should there be any boundaries? That's what we want to talk about today.

We all know that for a comfortable life, you need to form personal boundaries. He must be aware of his needs, interests, desires and values. And then draw a line in communication with other people so that these interests are not violated. Many people believe that this happens in adulthood. But it all starts in childhood.

And even a small child should have personal boundaries that can not be violated even by parents. There are many examples, but today we want to discuss a specific issue. Is it permissible to pierce a child’s ears at an early age? Editorial "Site" I wonder if it can be done and how it relates to personal boundaries.

Often you can see the crumb, which is still not on his feet, but already wears earrings in his ears. It is clear that the child does not care about them and the decision he did not make. Then why do they pierce the ears of such young children? There are different reasons.

Someone just follows the tradition of putting earrings on a child because that's what their mothers and grandmothers did. It is a shame to confuse a child with a boy. And someone just wants to find a use for gift earrings. Everyone has their own motives, but the essence is the same – all this is not for the child, but for the parents.

Many parents believe that piercing the ears of a girl under the age of 1.5 years, deprive her of unpleasant memories of the procedure. And indeed, doing the procedure at this age, you can avoid fear and whims. However, this does not seem to be a plus, considering that the child may never want to pierce the ears.

On this, in principle, the advantages of this procedure at an early age end. But the list of disadvantages is much more impressive. First, asymmetry may occur in the future. Due to uneven growth, punctures may look asymmetrical, even if they were made evenly.

Secondly, scarring can form if the child has a tendency to this. And third, a child can accidentally harm himself by hitting the earring with clothes. Of course, this can be solved by choosing the safest earrings, but what is the extra risk?

Perhaps the main disadvantage of puncture of the ears at an early age is the violation of the personal boundaries of the child. Roughly speaking, parents deprive the child of the right to choose. For a child at 1.5 years old, puncture of the ears is not a mandatory medical procedure. So, you can safely postpone it until the child asks for it.

This may not seem so serious, but it is from such trifles that respect for the child as a person is built. Parents cannot predict what their child will want in the future. And some solutions are still worth giving him.

I can’t forget the story that a friend told me. When she was 7, her mother decided it was time to pierce her ears. Their mother’s colleague, nurse Nadezhda Ivanovna, came to their home. The girl was seated on a chair, and an elderly nurse pierced her ears with a gypsy needle under her comb.

I don't think I should tell you what it was like. She says she remembers everything in detail, remembers how scary it was. I still don’t understand why it was needed. I still don’t wear earrings because I don’t want to.

So, even if a girl is 7, 10 or 15 years old, it does not mean that you need to force her to pierce her ears. Many people say, “But she’s a girl!” But this is not a reason, rather an outdated excuse. Let the girl decide for herself whether she needs it or not.

In principle, this is the main idea that we wanted to discuss: let the child decide for himself. Sometimes it is difficult for parents to accept the idea that children will not always obey them. It’s hard to realize that kids will grow up and make decisions you don’t like. However, the sooner a parent realizes this, the better it is for him and for the child.

What do you think of that? Is it permissible to pierce a girl’s ears when she is very young? Should we make such decisions instead of a child?

Tags

See also

New and interesting