Anthony Robbins: How 10 days can change the quality of life

"Without language we would live in a state of emotional chaos. Our brain has given us the opportunity to chat with the most amazing ways, and the one that we choose, can improve the functioning of neurons of our brain. In fact, a single word could affect the centers that regulate physical and emotional stress. If we do not constantly train the language areas of the brain, reduce its ability to solve the problems that we have with each other, with words."

Dr. Andrew Newberg, "Words that can change the brain"

The last publication I talked about how our habitual emotional vocabulary defines and controls considerable shares of our emotional life experience, as verbal labels that we hang on to what we happen ourselves to be that most experience.

Today, let's see how you can change the quality of his life, just going off your usual vocabulary to describe negative emotions and replacing it with other words, which will destroy the standard perception and enable a new and better emotional choices.

The task is very simple. Below you will read about my 10-day challenge. I call it "Watch TV" — that is watch your "Transformational vocabulary". The verbal tag that you put on your experience, can change your feelings.

• It is not difficult to realize that if every strong emotion you habitually call "depressed", then you have all the chances to feel different, just saying that you are a bit "sad".
  • To be furious at someone- is not what to be a bit upset by his behavior.
  • Say to yourself: "They rejected me" — it's completely different than saying that they disagreed with your proposal.
The real secret to transforming your life is to Wake up and begin to recognize the patterns that sit on a subconscious level and affect how you feel.

The way we feel, ultimately determines our quality of life. You can have everything you can dream of – to create a billion-dollar company or have a family that will adore you immensely, but if you at the same time every day, you feel irritation and anger, the quality of your life is determined by this annoyance and anger, and it will have absolutely nothing to do with your economic opportunities and even less to love, where you are surrounded by.

The quality of our lives is the quality of our emotions

The power of Transformational vocabulary in its simplicity. It gives you a tool instant improved quality of life.

So, here these four steps within the 10-day job:

STEP 1: Realize the words that you habitually use to describe their negative emotions, unhappiness or stress. Start to pay attention to the verbal labels that you hang on things.

If you always say something like: "I care so much", stop yourself and admit that perhaps "concerned" is a strong word. Maybe in fact you are "a little concerned".

Follow the language, paying attention, aren't you exaggerating the strength of their emotions. Or even better, deliberately choose a word which will reduce the intensity of negative (instead of say, someone you "hate", tell me a little bit "randomdeanna" or "disappointed reaction").

When someone asks "How are you?" Instead of the usual "Normal", what word would you use to made you smile just by use, which would destroy the usual scheme the answer? For example, say: "You wouldn't believe how I'm doing!", with a smile, make nice with yourself.

Or here's a simple answer as "I believe" or "I was lucky" or "I am grateful". Take the time to think about what you are thankful for.

We often stop paying attention to those beautiful things that we have in our lives, just because of a few things that don't meet our expectations.

My wife sage is in this case a real master. Her favorite word pattern is, when all is said "damn", say "boneski", and when there is something more serious, she says "ohhh you're a hedgehog." Very funny it turns out reaction. This does not mean that she does not understand the seriousness of the moment, but her gaiety so contagious that its verbal formula break not only its own templates, but at the same time and mine and all those around him. It really expresses more joy and happiness than any person I know.

STEP 2: Write down three words that you currently use on a regular basis to describe their negative feelings or emotions.

You might say: "I'm disappointed", "I'm depressed" or "I'm humiliated". Replace them with other words that reduce the intensity of the negativity. Maybe instead of "depressed" it is better to say "I'm sad". What happens if say instead of "I'm humiliated" — "I'm uncomfortable" from how the situation developed?

Emotional intensity can be reduced even more by the use of appropriate adverbs ("I'm a little bit annoyed" or "I'm him").

STEP 3:Write down three words you use to describe positive emotions.

To the question "How are you?" find three new words that reinforce the positive answer will inspire you. Instead of saying "All is well", say "Unreal", "Awesome" or "Super".

Find such a positive word you would both be free to say and feel.

STEP 4: Use the lever to bring it started to end.

Select two important people in his life – a close friend and, ideally, someone you respect so that you would not want to disappoint. Take them aside and explain your intention to replace two or three words in his vocabulary. And most importantly: charge them that every time they hear you speak again one of these unwanted words, they would be asked whether you want to say so.

For example, say that if you again utter the phrase "John pissed me off," they should intervene and ask: "do You mean that the behavior of John is somewhat distressing you?" I know it sounds a bit ridiculous, but if you are serious, then even the simple thought of that reminder will cause you to straighten yourself and reduce the intensity of the words.

It will simply help you understand what you can do to control myself this time and instantly change the value of the situation, just replacing one word. If you do, even smiling to himself starts as a joke, is clear not all. But the effect is not comic.

Another option: if you often say "I'm depressed", ask them to ask again: "are You really depressed or just a little upset?" People's reactions to certain things disappoint or surprise you? A promise to a friend or an important and esteemed colleague, what will you replace these words will give you additional support and incentive to follow my goal to break his old patterns.

Carefully and consciously choosing the words to describe my experience during the ten days, you will immediately feel a change in sensation, and this can be extremely fascinating. I can tell you: who have lived through this ten-day plan, got the experience that can change lives.

Once again: I know it sounds way too simple, but if you just try and make everything right within ten days, you will feel the changes in their emotional patterns, and they control the quality of our lives.

You even my body can feel the difference: much less pain and way more fun.

Don't you deserve a better quality of life?

Plus, when you are in perfect condition – how do you feel about others? The better you feel, the more it affects the people around you – colleagues, friends and loved ones.

Begin today, right now. If you do this, you will see real change.

Also note when life throws you a major call – back to this 10-day exercise, it will help you to quickly return yourself to the goal.published

@TonyRobbins

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: //vk.com/anthony_robbins_ru?w=wall-53757050_899

Tags

See also

New and interesting