Children just love sweets! But what to do if child takes an unhealthy amount of sugar? A leading pediatrician explained that it means "too much"
, and told how to reduce the consumption of sugary foods and what to replace them.
Most Breakfast cereals, fruit juices, cookies, candy — all the foods that are high in sugar content. For example, one can of sweet drink contains about nine teaspoons of sugar powder.
These treats should be viewed as rare treats
and not make their consumption norm for children.
What is fraught with excessive sweet tooth?
Harm sagaramati with a large amount of sugar we consume huge amount of calories. This unhealthy obsession leads to the accumulation of fat and weight gain
And if this way of life leads the child, then it is likely that it will retain excess weight in adolescence and in adult life. Moreover, the risk of obesity and deterioration in the quality of life will increase every year.
in excess causes indigestion, tooth decay in children and the subsequent problems with them increases the risk of developing diabetes.
What can replace the sugar
- Ready to replace sugary drinks regular soda, homemade natural juice. Try to add in milk, fresh fruit. Use your imagination and come up with their own alternative to store-bought soda!
- Change your usual Breakfast cereal for porridge with berries, yoghurt, dietary flakes. Yes, cooking such a meal takes more time but is a delicious and healthy alternative to sweets!
- Instead of cakes and cookies for tea can be submitted unsalted nuts, fruit bars, rice cakes or breadsticks.
- You can bake wonderful homemade cake completely without sugar, replacing it with dried fruits. And plain yogurt with organic berries and fruit salad is much more useful favorite cookies.
- Be sure to bring the kids to a joint cooking and desserts. If they cooked something, then with great pleasure will eat it!
- Be an example for their children! If they see you with pleasure to eat healthy foods, they will follow your example.
Top tip: encourage children to choose healthy foods, eat more vegetables and fruits and also consume a significant amount of fiber. And don't forget about physical activity and outdoor games!
Now everyone can publish articles
Try this first! To WRITE the Author
This is a real creative laboratory! The true team of associates, each a specialist in their field, United by a common purpose: to help people. We create content that's really worth sharing, and a source of inexhaustible inspiration are our favorite readers!