5 phrases for which you do not take to work

The opportunity to prove themselves in the cover letter are fine, but many job seekers neglect her. Instead of having to write an original, compelling explanation why they should be hired, they rely on hackneyed jargon and subjective adjectives that immediately makes it indistinguishable from hundreds of others like it. Let your competitors take these stupid clichés — their messages will appear in your shopping cart. But we advise you to avoid them.

1. "Dear (Aya)"

That's right, let the potential employer will understand that you don't need him. Better yet, write "Dear hiring Manager". Laziness is not a quality for which the company will hunt you down. Mary Ellen Slater, founder of Reputation Capital Media Services, and now an expert on career development, Monster, offers to work and find out the name of the addressee. She says: "This impersonal treatment shows that you have not found time to ask, who exactly write".

2. "I'd like to get a job in..."

I hope that your letter accompanied by the alarm clock, because the reader already asleep. Jeremy Refiling, author of "How to write a cover letter" (Get It Done: Write a Cover Letter) and Vice-President of marketing at the company Fidelis Education, an educational startup that points to the fact that so many cover letters start the same way.

He asks: "what if Dickens started "a Tale of two cities" not with the famous phrase "It was the best of times, it was the worst of all time", and so: "Dear reader, before you is a very long book"? It is unlikely that you would have advanced beyond the first page".

Writing a novel is not necessary, but to tell a relevant anecdote is. Refiling says: "Even in our time, when the data process computers on some stage your letter will be read by a live person. Thousands of generations of his ancestors grew up telling and listening to stories". No intriguing story? "Try at least to turn to the reader his strengths. If you love the product or are an expert in something — start with this to catch the addressee".

3. "I think I'm the ideal candidate for this position"

Slater says: "This is double-stupid. The words "think", "feel" and "believe" in a business environment are not listed. And you be the judge, is you come or not." She says, starting a sentence with "I", you sound more confident than using these "weak" verbs. As for the assertion that you are the ideal candidate, it is better to show why you fit these requirements.

4. "I am an effective team player"

This nonsense can be omitted. Slater says: "it is Better to list in the letter some measurable indicators of achievement. "The involvement of readers has increased by 17%" sounds better than "team player"". Rifiling also recommends to write, "what did you do and what was the outcome for the company". He also advises too often use the pronoun "I". It's like a romantic acquaintance — too much talking about yourself, you look immodest. However...

It will be interesting:

Jay Abraham: How to harvest big profits in any kind of business

8 CAUSES of conflict — FIND out!

5. "I like your company..."

Refiling notes that candidates often fall into the other extreme and dedicate a large part of the cover letter of love to a potential employer. It looks stupid, when it passes certain limits. Nobody likes sycophants. In General, you should not write impersonal greetings and meaningless words and self-congratulation. Refiling recalls: "the Covering letter — chance to present themselves in a favorable light. Use it."published

Source: ru.insider.pro/lifestyle/2015-02-18/5-fraz-za-kotorye-vas-ne vozmut-na-rabotu/

Tags

See also

New and interesting