The long wait of flight for the transplant can be boring and tedious. Modern airports offer a variety of entertainment for passengers: you can wander through the shops and boutiques, eat in a cafe, see a movie, but as a rule, all this costs money. And we miss the opportunity to see the city.
We are in the Website
I want to share with you wonderful news. It turns out that some airports provide their passengers when transplanting a free tour and more!
1. Singapore. Changi Airport The duration of transplantation:
from 5.5 to 24 hours.What you need:
passport, boarding pass, visa (for Russians to 96 hours a visa is not required).How to get:
you need to register with one of the special booths in the transit area one hour before the start of the tour. Details can be found here.
You can choose from 2 tours — city sights tour (City Sights Tour) and heritage tour (Heritage Tour). They run from 9.00 to 18.30. More information on the airport's website.What you see:
Chinatown, the quarter of "Little India", hotel "Marina Bay Sands", "gardens by the Bay," Esplanade.
The Hotel "Marina Bay Sands"
This unique in its architecture, the hotel looks like a huge ship, the crowning of a complex of three skyscrapers. The top "deck" of the ship turned into a huge viewing platform, where is located the famous pool, stretching into the horizon, and a garden with an area of 12.4 thousand sq m.
"Gardens by the Bay"
Directly in front of the hotel "Marina Bay" is situated futuristic "gardens by the Bay". On the vast parkland area of 101 hectares, the British engineers constructed 18 giant trees in height from 25 to 50 meters. Night in a blaze of lights, the Park is especially magical.
The Grand Esplanade is reminiscent of the tropical fruit durian — its domed roof was constructed of 7,000 pieces of glass shells.
What else is Changi airport for free?
- Take a walk through the gardens, which are at the airport 5. Including the "butterfly Garden".
- To see a movie. There are cinemas in terminals 2 and 3, and they work 24 hours a day. For more details here.
- Ride on the 12-foot enclosed slide. This can be done for free by spending at the airport is $ 10 on anything. More information here.
2. Seoul. Incheon Airport The duration of transplantation:
from 3 to 24 hours.What you need:
passport, boarding pass, visa (for citizens of Russia until 60 days a visa is not required), a fee of $ 10.How to get:
you can register online or at the airport at the reception. How to find it, read here.
There are several different tours lasting from 1 to 5 hours, departures are from 8.00 to 15.00 every day. Detailed information and a list of all tours can be viewed here.What to see:
Seoul, Incheon Grand bridge, the market, Sinpo temple Hadon of Enhansa, namsangol hanok village, cave Guangming and more.
This Palace complex was the main and largest Palace of the Joseon dynasty in which lived the Royal family.
Temple Hadon Of Enhansa
This Buddhist temple located on a cliff, so the bottom of the stunning views of the sea. It is believed that sincere prayer or desire, the hidden in the temple will come true.
What else is new Incheon airport for free?
- Take a walk around the gardens. At the airport 7 gardens in which you can pass the time waiting for a flight.
- Visit the Museum of Korean culture. He works from 7.00 to 22.00. It presents a small but impressive collection of ancient relics and art objects.
- To visit the area of cultural experience. Here you can make a souvenir with your own hands, such as national fan, which you can take home. This area also hosts traditional performances and concerts. Read more here.
- To take a shower. Transit passengers waiting for a flight can take a shower, you even provide toiletries, all completely free of charge.
3. Airport Istanbul Ataturk The duration of transplant:
6 to 24 hours.What you need:
to be a passenger of Turkish Airlines, your boarding pass, passport.How to get:
you need to register for a tour for half an hour prior. Download the reception card.
You can choose various options of tours, which start from 8.30 to 16.00. Read more about all the tours available here.What to see:
Blue mosque, Topkapi Palace, Yedikule fortress, Galata tower, obelisk of Theodosius, Sultanahmet square, Taksim square, Dolmabahce Palace, Hagia Sophia and much more.
This beautiful mosque is considered first in importance in Istanbul and is one of the symbols of the city.
Galata tower is one of the oldest monuments of Istanbul, it was built in the XIV century. To the impressive height of the tower is added to the natural rise of the hill of the same name, so it is perfectly visible from almost any area of the city.
Luxurious Dolmabahce Palace, built in Baroque style, can compete in pomp with the best of European palaces of the rulers.
4. Doha, Qatar. International airport The duration of transplant:
5 hours.What you need:
boarding pass, passport, visa (without visa citizens of Russia can stay in the transit area of the airport for up to 72 hours, but is forbidden to leave it).How to get:
you need to register for the tour. It opens 2 hours before departure and ends 1 hour 15 minutes. You can only get on a queue, there are only 22 seats, so it's best to arrive early.
The day will include 4 of the tour, the earliest departure time is 8.00 am at the latest — 20.00. Each tour lasts 2 hours and 45 minutes. All the details can be found here.What to see:
Museum of Islamic art, cultural village of Qatar, "Pearl of Qatar", the Old market.
The Museum of Islamic art
The Museum building is made in the style of ancient Islamic architecture. It has a unique design and is picturesquely situated on the Bay of Doha. The Museum contains a unique collection of Islamic art.
"The Pearl Qatar"
"The pearl Qatar" — a luxury residential complex, built on an artificial island. It includes luxury villas, dozens of skyscrapers, luxury hotels, fashion boutiques and restaurants.
Cultural village of Qatar
Right on the shore of the Persian Gulf is the village of the cultural heritage of Qatar. Here there are theatres, cinemas and art galleries showcasing the work of the best artists of Qatar.
5. Salt lake city, United States. International airport Transplant duration:
2 hours.What you need:
passport, visa.How to get there:
the tour can be accessed without prior registration, from the airport to the temple there is a regular Shuttle service. To learn more about its exact schedule at the information Desk in terminals 1 and 2. There is also the possibility to book a tour in advance.
Tours depart every hour from 9.00 to 19.00. More information here.What to see:
the square temple square and the temple of salt lake.
Square temple square and temple salt lake
This magnificent temple, which was erected by the Mormons, is considered a symbol of salt lake city.
What else should I know?
- Check in advance with the Embassy about the possibility of going to the city, in some cases, transit passengers is required for this visa.
- Find out what is included in the free tour, and after that you have to pay extra, for example entrance tickets to the museums.
- Food and beverages are not included in the free tour, and they will have to pay separately or to take with you.
- Note that all tours are in English.
- Many of the tours don't take Luggage or nowhere to leave during the tour. So you should consider this point.
- On many tours is to arrive early, as the number of them is limited.
- Make sure you return from the excursion to the airport at least an hour before departure.
Photo previews International Traveller Mag
wordpress.com See also
60 services and applications to travel independently
Dad went on a trip with a young daughter and realized something very important