WHY the LEDS
ON the benefits of led lighting compared with traditional incandescent lamps and energy saving lamps everyone knows. This extremely high efficiency and longevity. It is also important that the LEDs illuminate to full capacity instantly, without requiring time to warm up, their life does not depend on the number of starts. The only drawback is the relatively high cost. But the costs are justified: led lighting in the kitchen will last a few decades, saving a lot of money due to low electricity consumption.
If you already have a light cuisine of a different type, do not rush to change it for a new one. Manufacturers produce led lamps for almost any kind of cap and, most likely, you will be able to replace only the lamp itself, without changing anything in the lamp or limiting minor alterations.
Recommended circuits ergonomic kitchen lighting WHERE to place the LIGHTING
Correct lighting in the kitchen needs to be multi-zone. It is General lighting, the light over the dining table and of course led lights for the kitchen working area.
The sophisticated consumer, tech-savvy and familiar with the innovations of interior design, often not confined to functional lighting.
Where should and could be lighting for the kitchen?
- Work area illumination under the cabinets.
The level of lighting in the working area must be the highest
- The hood over the stove has a built-in backlight.
If the light extraction seems not enough, standard bulbs can be replaced by a more vivid and economical diode
Adds convenience or simply decorates the interior additional lighting in the following locations:
- The illuminated glass cabinets. If you don't have the collector's dish, put frosted glass in the door, it is no less beautiful.
The soft light coming from the glazed cupboards, kitchen visually facilitates
- Above the upper cabinets, if the room has sufficient height. The light directed to the ceiling will make the room visually higher
- Under the bottom of the cabinets. The light source must not be visible, so it is best suited to thin and unobtrusive led strip light for kitchen.
Aimed at the ceiling and floor led lighting in the kitchen above and below the cabinets are not designed to work, so it may be not white but colored. Top light can be bright, and the bottom needs to be subdued, noticeably softer than in the working area
- Led strip light in the kitchen can be installed under the table top and directed along the facades of the lower cabinets, illuminating their contents.
The tape is fastened directly under the table top. Itself on the tabletop must be relative to the furniture front to a distance of not less width of the light element
- Highlight can and the very top from the inside, for that it should be transparent. Make them from glued several layers of glass, transparent polymer.
Contour translucent countertops installed led strip light
Another option is a hidden led backlighting glass countertops. The light source is directed from the end. So the effect was maximal, the table top is made of transparent quartz glass deposited on the surface of the matte parts. They will glow
- Lighting of the bar, if any.
Diode lights for kitchen in the area of the bar is directed generally downward
- Glowing sinal — the latest fashion. The light falls on it from outside, but comes from within.
Glowing sinal came in the kitchen interior from an advertising lighting. It is a flat led panel with applied milk glass image
In fact, led lighting in the kitchen can be accommodated almost anywhere. Limit your imagination can only financial considerations.
WHAT ARE LED LAMPS in
Their hands led illumination can be done with the use of ready-made fixtures or lighting system really build it yourself from separate components. List the main types of devices used:
- Overhead linear fixtures. Sold both individually and in sets where multiple modules with the help of special adapters are connected sequentially in one block.
Led lights for the working area of the kitchen with his hands out ready line modules
- Overhead lights point type.
Led work light, made of corner lamps
Appeared in the sale of lamps, both linear and point equipped with touch switches. Enough to touch their body in a certain place, to turn on or off the light.
Touch switch, usually marked permanently burning blue led
- Inset lights, line, and point. Being very thin, are mounted in the bottom shelf of the cupboard flush with the bottom surface.
Mortise diode lights for kitchen is fully hidden in the bottom shelf. It is convenient, but the mounting of such a lamp requires a qualification
- Led strip for backlight kuchniapolska not less widely than the ready-made lamps. The reason for this popularity in a wide range of brightness and color and that is very convenient — the tape can be cut precisely to the desired length. It costs cheaper than the finished lamps.
The choice of brightness and color are very diverse INSTALLATION of LED STRIPS with YOUR HANDS
WITH the finished lamps is more or less clear, and how to make lighting in the kitchen with their hands out of the led strip?
WHAT WILL be the LED BACKLIGHT ON the BASIS of TAPE To build a workable lamp will need the following materials:
- Diode tape the required length.
- If necessary, the aluminium guide profile.
Lighting the kitchen will look neater if you place it in a special aluminum profile. This solution facilitates the installation of lighting
- Power supply 12 watts.
- Cable and plug or screw terminal block depending on the connection type. Cable recommend to use copper multi-strand, double braided section of at least 2x0,75 mm2.
- Heat shrink tube for sealing connections.
Led tape is often sold in kit with power supply and control HOW to CHOOSE a LED STRIP
Led strip light in the kitchen should be protected from water, is one of the conditions of safe operation. The minimum level of moisture protection — IP44 (resists getting a separate water droplets), better IP65 (water-jet). Voltage 12 watts, as the most safe.
Led lights for the working area of the kitchen should be bright, spectrum close to natural daylight. We recommend you to use a tape with trehlistnyj LEDs type SMD 50x50 of the 30 diodes 12 lumens for every meter length. If you wish to have brighter light, especially when equipped with the backlight dimmer, it is better to choose the product of 60 diodes. Color temperature in the range from 3300 to 500 K.
Additional lighting for the kitchen, as a rule, should not be bright. Often enough luminous flux SMD 35х28 of the 30 diodes at 5 lumens on the meter. Color important practical role plays and is more dependent on design ideas.
Specifications recommended tapes
HOW to CHOOSE a POWER supply AND a SWITCH FOR the LED STRIP IN the KITCHEN
To led lighting in the kitchen was working, we recommend you to choose a power supply with a power reserve of about 25%. Capacity of a tape depends on the model specifications can be obtained from the seller. So, SMD 50x50 of the 30 diodes "takes" 7.2 W per meter of length. Thus, if the length will be, for example 4 m, the total capacity will be equal to 28.8 W. Accordingly, a power supply with a 25% margin — 36W. Choose a compact model, it will be easier to hide.
As for the switch, you have the following options:
- A simple push button.
- Touch from touch.
- Infrared, responds to a flick of the wrist.
- Dimmer for regulating the light flow. Control may be mechanical, in the form of a rotating arm or touch.
- A control unit that causes the light to flash or sparkle of colored lights, if you select multi-color RGB feed. Although such effects are used infrequently.
Diode lights for kitchen based on a number of tapes must be carried out only by parallel connection diagramINSTALLATION of LED STRIP IN the KITCHEN with THEIR HANDS
Led backlight must be assembled in accordance with the following rules:
- The tape cannot be cut along the length arbitrarily, only in certain places. To do this, it has a special mark.
- If you want to use multiple tapes they are connected to the power supply in parallel.
- Electrical cable coming from the power supply must be connected to the ribbon connectors, but soldering is more reliable. The connection should be sealed, objav heat-shrink tubing. You can use electrical tape, but make it harder and look is not so tidy.
Step-by-step guidelines for soldering connections of the ribbon cable
- Conventional keyboard or a push-button switch is placed to the power supply.
Connection diagram with an ordinary switch
Dimmer or RGB block after block of food.
Led strip light in the kitchen: a photo of the wiring diagram with dimmer adjustable light output
- Attached led lights for kitchen under cabinets using double-sided adhesive tape. First, you should only lightly secure the tape in several places to make sure it is at the right place and went smoothly, strongly pressed throughout its length.
If you do not have sufficient knowledge and skill for working with electrics and electronics, charge the installation of lighting professionals. published