Anatomy of selfishness or health psychology

Egoism is colossal, he towers over the world, for if every individual were given the choice between his own destruction and the destruction of the world, I need not tell you where, in the vast majority of cases, people bow down this choice, ©A. Schopenhauer

For the egoist nothing is high enough that he humbled himself before it, nothing so independent that he would live for him, nothing is sacred, so he sacrificed himself for him.©M. Stirner

Selfishness — it does not mean to live the way you want it requirement others to live the way you want it. ©Oscar Wilde

We often hear about excessive self-love, a child's greed, selfishness of parents, elders, leaders, businessmen, faced with a shameless disregard for the feelings, needs, desires in the sphere of consumption, we meet cynical self-interest in the field of distribution of benefits and rewards, blame partners, colleagues, relatives, friends that they think only about themselves, make friends only for the sake of use, all pull to their side, etc.

During the crisis, the ego is growing. Selfishness is increasing at an alarming rate in the periods of social cataclysms, economic crises, wars, when growing in society, the scarcity of resources of survival, when the weakened monitoring system and expanded beyond bounds.

According to the theory of ethical egoism, the man has a predominant obligation towards himself, therefore, are significant to him only his own interests. It restricts them only by the scope of self, then how unselfish personality includes in its I care about others, sees itself as a part of the whole.

To be selfish means that I want for myself, everything that gives me pleasure, to possess himself, not sharing with others. I must become greedy because if my aim is to have, I mean the more, the more you have. I should feel antagonism toward all other people: to their customers, who want to deceive, my competitors whom I want to destroy, to their work, who want to exploit... I can never be satisfied, because my desires have no end. I have to envy those who have more.

The ethics of selfishness inherently contains a conflict of interest, and the conflict turns into a personality trait of the selfish. Selfish sensitive to environmental factors, which usually generate frustration. Selfish directly or indirectly block the implementation of the objectives of competitors or reduce their impact. Egoists do not consider the feelings of others, do not recognize their merits and virtues, except when it suits them. Selfish is not sensitive to the concerns and aspirations of others – and it is perceived their victims as an injustice.

Selfish is justified. Egoists are projecting your own negative tendencies on the people around them, wanting this projection to justify their own shortcomings.

Selfishness finds a close relationship with the vindictiveness and envy, intolerance to the infringement of their interests, willingness to settle with the offender. The success and superiority of others cause the selfish frustration, irritation, resentment and envy.

Selfishness is not optimistic. Although selfish towards the goal, he's not an optimist in life. Indicative of the lack of communication selfishness with self-respect, modesty, self-control. Selfish does not give a correct assessment of the competence, confidence, attractiveness self.

Selfish easy asking for help. Selfish less responsive to the needs of others, less likely to assist those who need help, but often show willingness to ask for support.

Selfish characterize others in a negative moral categories. They attribute people's scorn, aggression, cynicism, selfishness, envy and revenge.

Selfishness destroys the normal. Selfish increases its profits at the expense of others and this not only harms others, but also destroys the normative life, devaluing categories such as duty, fairness, compassion, magnanimity, charity, generosity, honesty and integrity.

The theme of egoism is a very complex and painful subject. The nature of selfishness is not actually studied in our world, but that selfishness is the ultimate cause of all our suffering. This is the only reason and the deepest reason is the cause of all causes.

So how do you get rid of your own problems, family problems, problems of society, problems of senior and Junior, national and economic problems, etc.? When diagnosed, it is easy to find a cure...

Alexander Khakimov

Source: /users/1

Tags

See also

New and interesting