How to become an ethical buyer

A quick guide on how to become the most caring consumer from Diana Byrd, champion of the London stores.

What does ethical buyer?There are so many different opinions about what it means to buy ethically. For me, this means that your purchase produces the least environmental impact and most positive impact on the people who created it.
My father, John beard, created the magazine The Big Issue, for ethical business models.
I want to do something associated with eco-community and the local shops, so create a bonus card for local shops in London.

Where to start?Start with something you are passionate about. For me, it's food — I used to be a chef. I shop locally because I want good local food at a good price, which operates according to the seasons, and I want to know where it comes from. Go to the market if he is near you — it's so much nicer than going to the supermarket. Similarly, if you love fashion, look that offer independent shops near you.

Local nucleosome local products means that you are more likely to make an ethical purchase, and get your hands on something unique. You have more information about where the product is and how it was made. The longer the path of the item to get to you, be it food, furniture, clothing or anything else, the less likely that it is ethical.

Goods from all miravi can still buy ethically from afar. Look for the Fairtrade sign on the label and make sure you checked the origins of clothing or food. Very cheap clothes as a rule, is not ethical, so the more something costs, the more likely that this product was made well and efficiently. If you buy furniture, ask that the product is made from sustainable timber (forest recovering from deforestation).
Think ahead

Create a list before you go shopping, it will help you save money. I'm very careful in the food I buy, especially the fish, because most fish species under threat of extinction. Biodynamic wine is the cream of the crème de la crème of ethical wines, they taste great.

Habit every geneticheski shopping important and very convenient. I'm busy, I have a business and a family, and like many other people, I just want my purchases were made by the most enjoyable way. Look around where you live or work — you don't have to go far to find these amazing local shops. I get all my fruits and vegetables after work from a man who has a stall opposite my office. Shop during the week, so shopping will not be a burden to you for the weekend. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: rodovid.me/

Tags

See also

New and interesting