Italian cuisine enjoys great popularity in Russia, gave the world not only pizza and pasta but also delicious Focaccia — traditional breads with various fillings.
Some researchers are inclined to believe that Focaccia is a kind of ancestor of pizza with the difference that the Focaccia the emphasis is on the bread-cake, not the ingredients. Traditionally, in different regions of Italy baked Focaccia bread according to local recipes: may vary, shape and thickness, the filling may spread over the dough and bake it inside a cake. Most often, before baking the Focaccia generously grease with olive oil with garlic and herbs and crush the dough with your fingers, forming recesses in which the oil accumulates. In today's review, we share the subtleties and secrets of cooking delicious Focaccia at home and here is the recipe of the Ligurian thin Focaccia stuffed with cheese. Mamma MIA!
Seven secrets of making vocals
- It is best to train on a round, not rectangular buns: scoop the dough easier to roll out and stretch. Less touching in this case is a guarantee of fluffy dough with bubbles.
- After shifting into the form let the dough rise again and only then go to the baking — this will keep more air inside the shell.
- Pour some olive oil in the baking pan — to bake the lower part of the Focaccia it will absorb, which will only add the product flavor and crunch.
- If you want to cook polubashney Focaccia, try using mineral water instead of water in the recipe. The result is the batter, which after baking a flour covered parchment paper will give a perfect layer of medium height.
- To add aroma of the Focaccia, after the first rise the dough form into ball recess and add finely chopped herbs of sage or Basil.
- Pay attention to the water temperature: for cooking the correct test vocacy is important that it was warm. Too hot water can stop fermenting, too cold can slow down the process.
- Instead of 100% oil try to lubricate Focaccia is an emulsion of oil, water and salt — so the product will not dry out when baking.
Thin Focaccia with soft cheese This is quite simple Focaccia, but with a little secret. A very thin, like paper, layers of unleavened dough hide soft cheese. These ingredients is enough for making 3-4 crispy cakes. Ingredients:
- Вода0,2 litres
- Olive масло0,1 liter + a few tablespoons for greasing
- Соль2 tsp. + a pinch for sprinkling
- Мука3 Cup
- Mild spotting сыр500 g
Method of preparation:
In a medium bowl with a wooden spoon, mix the water, olive oil, salt and 1 Cup flour until a homogeneous mass. Stirring constantly with a spoon, gradually add the remaining 2 cups of flour in the end to obtain a smooth mixture without lumps. In the bowl for 5 minutes with your hands knead elastic dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let stand for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and grease with olive oil a baking sheet or a round pizza shape.
Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep the unused lumps under the towel or wrapped in plastic wrap until until they are needed. On a floured work surface roll out the gingerbread dough first with a rolling pin, and then begin to gently stretch it with your hands, trying to get the most thin layers.
Put the first layer in the baking dish and place on top of cheese slices. Take another layer of dough, stretch it and cover them with Foundation. With a knife, rolling pin or hands touch the edges of the Focaccia, separating the excess dough. Then with your fingers seal the layers.
Hold the top of the dough in several places, thus forming openings for the steam outlet. Brush the top of the Focaccia with a little oil, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and bake for 7 minutes until Golden brown.
The dough for Focaccia can also be frozen, tightly wrapped in two layers of polyethylene, and before using, thaw it over night in the fridge. The frozen dough may be stored up to 3 months.published