Turkish dolma with brown rice

Turkish Sarma with brown rice If you put a number of Arab, Turk, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Cyprian and the Greek of all quarrel, arguing about who owns the ancestral recipe of dolma (Sarma). I tried to stick to the Turkish recipe, how to try the best Sarma I have ever in Istanbul in the restaurant Aliye Meyhane. Unlike Armenians, the Turks called dolma stuffed vegetables and fruits, for example peppers with rice and Sarma meals are called, in which is wrapped the filling (from the word "sarmak" — wrapping). You can use fresh or canned grape, cabbage or Fig leaves, which when cooked lose their rigidity. On the market they are sold in glass jars (approximately 100 leaves in a jar) and bulk departments with greens and pickles. For the filling, use white rice or bulgur, but I usually use more healthy alternatives and therefore choose unrefined brown rice contains more vitamins and does not contain gluten. Sarma — this is a festive dish because cooking takes an average of 2 hours, while updatesa it very quickly. Traditionally, the sauce for this dish is a mixture of yogurt with garlic and herbs, but to me it is very tasty.

Ingredients: (approximately 45 pieces) 250 grams grape leaves 2 cups brown brown rice 2 soft red tomato 1 small yellow onion 1/2 bunch parsley 1 tsp. dried mint 1 tbsp dried black currants or spices sumac 1 lemon 2 tbsp sunflower oil 1/4 Cup olive oil 1/2 tsp sea salt

Process of preparation: Put on medium heat a deep saucepan. 1 slice or 1/2 of the onion (unless you love onion). Mix half sunflower and half olive oil and fry the onions.

Grate the tomatoes on a grater, avoiding the rind. Add them to the onions. Rinse the rice and dried black currants, add to the skillet. After a minute, add the dried mint and salt. Add 2 cups water and reduce heat. Brown rice is cooked a bit longer than usual due to the unpolished shell.

Rinse grape leaves to remove excess salt and vinegar. After 20 minutes remove the rice from the heat and add the finely chopped parsley. The rice should be ready, as we are still going to cook the Sarma. Begin to roll a joint, Sarma that is to say :) unfold the inner part upwards, if necessary, cut the stem and place about 1/2 tbsp of rice. Wrap the lower part of the leaf, then the sides and roll the roll. Should get a tight roll as your finger. Shoot leaves a deep pot, fill with the Sarma, then cover with hot water, so that it completely covered the entire Sarma. Put the top 3-4 slices of lemon and close the top with leaves. Simmer for 1 hour. When Sarma is ready, pour it into the remaining olive oil so she glistened appetizing (or use a brush, because nobody wants to Sarma was too fat). Serve fully chilled appetizer with lemon wedges. published Afiyet olsun!

Source: /users/10

Tags

See also

New and interesting