Seven vital tips of Warren Buffett

Eighty three million four hundred ninety five thousand seven hundred ninety four

Well-known investor Warren Buffett met with students of the MBA program of business school, Richard Ivey, and gave them some life advice. Here they are:

The key to success is emotional stability. To get rich, high IQ is not needed.

Invest in yourself, develop your talents and work on weaknesses. Investing in yourself does not always mean payment in College. I have two diplomas, but I don't hang them on the wall – I don't even know where they are. John Mellor conducted a study: one group of students went to University, the other spent time on the beach. Their results do not vary greatly. They always depended on how one or another student worked on the development of their qualities.

It is more important than money. Find your passion. You will know exactly what it is, when you see her. I don't know one person who followed his passion and would not have been successful and happy. My father told me that it is very important to have an internal "list" and refer to her in life. This will help you to really engage with what brings you pleasure.

Look at your classmates. Choose one, which would you "buy" – whose qualities you like and one which you would like to "sell" that attracts you. Record their qualities on a sheet of paper. You will see that they all appeared at birth and developed throughout life. Write down those that you are attracted to, and follow your list.

If you were allowed to take one car, what would you choose? But it would be your only car for life. And with your body. Take care of it, pour in the fuel, treat him well – you only have one body for life.

I really believe that the most important decision you can make in life is to choose a good spouse. Don't forget that you are lucky to be born in America.

Choose a job that fits your principles. You don't want to adapt to a culture that makes you sick. You need to find a job that will cause you to have enthusiasm. It is hard when we are talking about the first job in life. Do it not for money. You should work with the people you admire. We only live once. Avoid working for people who are under such severe pressure that they are forced to fit the results and come up with special incentives to improve the annual result. You don't want to have evaluated the results of each quarter.

Bonus – a bit about the economy:

USA safe place, the European Union – no. The us economy is in much better shape than the EU economy, which will face a liquidity crisis before the end of this year. Of course, sooner or later Europe will overcome these problems – the people and their desires have not gone away. In 10-20 years they will again begin to consume.

There is no doubt that the dollar will lose its purchasing power. The best way to zahedzhirovat from his fall to take a mortgage for 30 years at 4% and buy a house. So you will bet on the dollar's decline.

Look at companies that will always be, as Coca-Cola. If to speak about more serious investments, do them when you can and when it's a good idea. Do not use borrowed money and stay in the cache if you do not see good investment opportunities.

By the way, as reported recently by Bloomberg, investments in the Fund of legendary investor's Berkshire Hathaway for the period from APR 2011 to may 2012 yielded a loss of 2.4%. While investment in the S&P 500 index rose 2.8%. For the third year in a row Buffett loses index. published 

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: slon.ru/money/sem_sovetov_baffeta_studentam-784888.xhtml

Tags

See also

New and interesting