Everyone has a favorite childhood cold soup – a sign of the coming summer. Someone is hash, others dearer bright Lithuanian beetroot soup, and someone is in love with beet soup. Any of these dishes can be turned into a family affair by preparing them with your child, and then arranging a great feast.
Lithuanian cold beet soup
This simple but absolutely stunning summer soup I discovered only 5 years ago, thanks to the Internet of course. It is best to start to cook it when you see the young beets of the new harvest, but in principle nothing prevents the cook and old. Yogurt you can use any fat of your choice, and boiled potatoes or grated into the soup or eat prikusku. Some people like to eat this soup with chips, why not?
- • Kefir 1 liter
- • Beet 2 PCs.
- • Potatoes 2 PCs.
- • Egg 3 PCs.
- • Cucumber 2 PCs.
- • Dill 1 bunch
- • Green onions-1 bunch
- • Salt
Method of preparation: 1. Beets boil or bake until tender, cool and clean. Boil potatoes in their skins, rinse with cold water to cool and clean. The eggs boil hard boiled, cool and clean.
2. Kefir diluted with cold boiled water 1: 1. If fat-free yogurt, it is better not to breed, just take more, or to breed, but add sour cream.
3. Grate the beets, potatoes and cucumbers on a coarse grater. Finely chopped herbs. Mix everything and season with salt to taste. The desired consistency can be adjusted by adding cream, cold boiled water or mineral water.
4. Before serving the soup to cool and put in a bowl of half boiled eggs. Botvinya
Soup in retro style such fashionable now. Very light, no meat, potatoes and eggs, with a huge variety of herbs that you can choose to your taste. If any, specified in the recipe, the greens you are unable to buy, just increase the number another. Preparing a classic beet soup with boiled fish, perch, sturgeon, salmon or trout, or with several types of fish, as long as the fish was with a small amount of bone and is delicious by itself. You can also elevate the taste of this soup crayfish tails, will really have a food option. About the brew. If you do home brew, well, don't take for botvinya too sweet, sourer the better. I used birch white kvass, birch juice, and dark bread, it was good.
- • Trout 350 grams
- • Nettle 100 grams
- • Beet greens 200 grams
- • Spinach 100 grams
- • 200 grams of sorrel
- • Dill a large bunch
- • Cucumbers 3 PC.
- • Green onions large bunch
- • Brew 2 liters
- • Horseradish 1 tbsp.
- • Lemon zest 1 tsp
- • Salt
- • Black pepper
- • Sour cream for filing
Method of preparation: 1. The fish boil until tender in a slow cooker or on the stove in a small amount of liquid. Cool.
2. All leafy greens are the leaves must be washed and down for a couple of minutes in boiling water. You can blanch the greens in the same water that cooked the fish. Blindirovannye greens recline in a colander and squeeze. Finely chop the herbs and cut into small cubes fresh cucumbers.
3. All put in the pot, add finely chopped green onions and dill, grated lemon zest and grated fresh horseradish. Pour all kvas, stir, add salt, pepper to taste, and send for a couple of hours in the fridge.
4.When the beet soup has cooled down, disassemble boiled fish into pieces, remove the skin and bones. In a bowl of beet soup, put the pieces of fish and a spoonful of sour cream. published
P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©