The truth of the body: yoga teacher Liz Arch without retouching and other tricks

Yoga teacher Liz Arch (Arch Liz) decided on a bold move – she did a photo shoot that shows her body as is, without retouching and other tricks. The stimulus was the letter Liz readers in social networks – they admired her figure, considering that in life it is the same as in the photo. "We all have flaws we try to hide, because once believed that we are all alone in their imperfections, says Liz. — Top photo reveals a lot more than I would like to show, but I decided to post this and other pictures in the hope that we can stop comparing yourself with others and love yourself with all the imperfections as beautiful works of nature, which we are.

A photographer friend once told me that even models in magazines have a dream to look like on their photo. I teach yoga and I also shot a lot for magazines, so I subscribe to these words. Remember, I have often wondered why starve before the big shots and make a juice cleanse at the last minute to cover themselves from head to toe with Tanner, if the photos are still retouched to remove my "wrongness"?

Of course, my vanity flattered these perfect pictures, but to them I was a fake. I have cellulite and stretch marks. There are days when I prefer the sofa and ice cream practice on your yoga Mat. In our world ruled by social networks – in them seems much more privlekatelnoy than our own, and we learned to convince myself that the reality is ugly and every photo needs retouching. I'm definitely guilty of "edited" his life in social networks — have reduced it to a handful of inspirational quotes and carefully selected photos which show me in the best angles.

I didn't think about it until I started getting e-mails from people who wrote me how they admire my "perfect" body. The idea that someone feels ashamed of his appearance, looking at my photos, tortured me, especially considering how far I ideal. So I asked my friend, photographer Robert Sturman (Robert Sturman) to remove the real me.

I have always admired the work of Robert because he tries to avoid retouching. On his photos you will never see a complete woman, otvetstvennyy to slender statues. A skilled photographer, he knows how to remove the body under the most favorable angle, and shots under bad angles sends in the trash.

Now we had another problem, and we agreed about the new rules: 1. Any retouch my face or body. 2. All views are honest, as in life. 3. I'll come to the shooting without prior fasting, tanning and other absurd things that make a model before a photo shoot.

Here I am before you I such as in life, a woman with a normal healthy body. Yes, in normal healthy women have cellulite on the back of the thighs and the abdomen lies flat and hangs down.

We are all dissatisfied with something in myself, but I don't want to criticize the manual work of mother nature. My body is a work of art, and my goal is just to allow it to emit light, said American actress Alfre Woodard (Alfre Woodard)

Robert is going to capture on film, my flaws, but a strange thing happened that day. Of the 400 snapshots in the end, only a handful really showed the imperfection. I wanted to show the "wrong" parts of his body, but as for the snapshot, I saw only beauty. It occurred to me that I could easily do without the photoshop – we all could.

The beauty of this "ugly" photo shoot that she reflected me entirely. Yes, some of the images make me wince, but from other breathtaking. For the first time on chesnochno site I was able to relax completely forgot about my imperfections and to feel comfortable in your own body. When I posed next to a soft and curved statue of Venus, it dawned on me that my imperfections are also part of what makes me a work of art.

One of my favorite sayings belongs to actress Salma Hayek: "People often say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am convinced that beauty free, when you realize that you are the one who looks at yourself."

The next time you look in the mirror, please Express admiration of themselves, under whatever angle you looked. Accept your imperfections – they will help you to find yourself and to feel its natural beauty. Not sacrifices on his outer shell, let the inner light Shine from the depths of your being".

Liz Arch/Liz Arch yoga teacher and martial arts with a decade of experience. The author is a fitness program Primal Yoga, in which she combined elements of Vinyasa, capoeira, kung fu and tai Chi. A video in which Liz demonstriruet elements of Primal Yoga. published

photo Liz Arch without retouching, Robert Sturman

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook and in Vkontakte, and we're Classmates

Source: smart-cookie.ru/beauty/pravda-tela/

Tags

See also

New and interesting