Love and logic

Anyone who wants to speak well, should be able to define the concepts used. This will allow clearer and clearer to Express their thoughts.

During the discussion, if you do not define the subject of the dispute, to quarrel. A person who knows logic will not become confused and say: "Guys, what's the bet? Let's define the concept!".

I often participate in debates, disputes about love. Here I want to give you an example conversation with a girl Ira, who came to my seminar and spoke about his disappointment in his personal life.

Our conversation proceeded in the following way.

Seventy seven million three hundred seventy five thousand five hundred twenty

I: So you're disappointed in love. How do you know what love is?

Ira: Love is when you understand.

I: What else do you expect from beloved?

Ira: Well, that he was a smart, beautiful, to him, was not ashamed to be in society, that he was an interesting conversationalist...

Me: Probably to still earn well?

Ira: Yes, of course!

Me: Yes, you want a lot! What can you give your loved one?

Ira (somewhat confused): I don't know...

I: I am, however, somewhat different sense of love. Love is an active interest in the life and development of the object of love. Now let's do a little experiment. Drop me 35 years. With the appearance then I was fine.

I know what you mean, well earned and quite an interesting conversationalist. Even lectures and books. Society can't seem to be ashamed. Good for you for such a date?

Ira: Yes.

I: what do you want me to give?

Ira: what do you need?

I Edit my work, make transfers, welcome visitors, including from abroad. At receptions and conferences to determine whether it would be worth to start cooperation. To follow periodic literature. In moments of relaxation to play a game of tennis or chess.

Ira: I can't do anything.

I: Consequently, there is nothing you can do to contribute to my growth and development, i.e., to love you don't know how. It turns out that the only thing you have to provide is your body.

Ira: But that's dolecki!

I: you see, even in this you turn me down. But to be honest, and your body I don't need. I think in sex you are not helping. You still teaching and learning! Now, the knight on the white horse, of course, ever will be, but what's it going to take you.

Ira (thoughtfully, with some confusion): So it turns out I'm still too early to talk about love? I'm nothing good can give to your loved one!

I: That's Right! You're a smart girl!

The Ira: So what should I do?

I: Think!

Ira: So I need to learn to love! And what about sex?

I don't want to moralize. Decide as you please. But I think that if you start to learn to love, you gets no sex. You also need to learn languages, learn manners, learn to play tennis, chess and become a good professional in any kind of activity, etc.

So I quickly managed to convince the girl that what she told me was not love, and love she is able, she must learn it It's been around for years and joins a group of personal growth.

The problem she raised, ceased to be relevant: the former friend she now appears to be a primitive man. She is going to apply to medical school, working with Tutors.

As for the definition of love, I stick to the definition of E. Fromm: «Love is an active interest in the life and development of the object of love".

After my students during a discussion about love agree with this definition, it appears that each of them spoke about something else, but none about love. And in this respect, depending on, among which the category of objects there is love, there are several types of love: maternal, paternal, erotic, love of other, love of God. And only one of them is accompanied by sex love erotic.

Don't love you as much as you want. Accept reality

You should not build relationships with people that you don't need

The discussion immediately takes organized. All speak on the same topic. Soon it becomes clear that man needs and maternal and paternal and erotic love, and that you need to not only receive love, but to be able to give it. The latter turns out to be much more important.

Yes, the most important love — self love — missed! Indeed, if a man does not love himself, he is deprived of any chance at happiness. published 

Author: Michael Litvak

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.facebook.com/mihail.litvak.37/posts/1114510458643915

Tags

See also

New and interesting