- 2 kg green apples (best to choose Simirenko, but the fit and Antonovka, Granny Smith)
- 4 medium lemon
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 0.5 tsp. of ground saffron
- sugar (the amount depends on the volume of the liquid)
1. Thoroughly wash the apples and lemons with a brush. Cut the fruit into small pieces with peel, Apple core and seeds. Lemons should be cut very finely.
2. Put the fruit in a pan, add the broken into pieces cinnamon and pour 1.5 liters of cold water.
3. Over high heat bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to minimum, cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, 1.5 hours
4. Cover a large bowl or pan folded in several layers of gauze and fold the Apple mass on the gauze. Tie the ends to make a pouch and hang it over a bowl – let drain liquid – 10-12 h. do Not wring!
5. Measure the amount of liquid and mix it with the sugar, based on the ratio: 400 g per 0.5 l.
6. Add the saffron, bring to boil and simmer, stirring occasionally and removing the foam, until thick, about 15 min. Put hot jelly in sterilized jars, close and let cool.
Bon appetit! Cook with love!
Also delicious: Amazing pear jam with poppy seeds and vanilla Jam from plums with aromas of summer: 4 trivial recipe