The theory of the famous scientist made a splash: at night, the brain "talks" to the internal organs and "patches" body
Ivan Pigarёv - Senior Fellow at the Institute for Information Transmission Problems. He engaged in the physiology of sleep. His work is known throughout the world, many devices makes himself at home and in the laboratory.
What happens when a person sleeps?
It was long thought that the brain, like a muscle in the body is tired and just relaxing at night. But later experiments showed that in a dream, he continues to work actively. The following assumptions are made: it processes information accumulated per day, decides to emotional problems
But there is another revolutionary hypothesis - about it has told a renowned scholar, researcher at the Institute for Information Transmission Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences Ivan Pigarёv.
Who "communicate" the heart and stomach?
- My theory take medicine, but reject those who are professionally engaged in a dream - it breaks down all the foundations. Let me explain how I arrived at it by studying sleep issues to popular belief, I thought that many of the animals are sleeping as much as the man. Rat, for example, even more. But what kind of information the brain processes it in a dream? And what of the moral and emotional problems are solved at night, say, ducks or moles?
Agree, is difficult to answer. So what else puts a dead end: in the internal organs is the set of receptors, they are constantly gathering information - temperature, acidity, chemical processes. Where it is - an enigma. After the signals from the eyes treated with two-thirds of the cerebral cortex, but, for example, data from a stomach like there and do not do. In addition, they speak for themselves experiences when rats deprived of sleep, and they died, the autopsy showed that no changes in the brains of rodents was not, but much internal organs suffered
These are the thoughts and long-term experiments led by Ivan Pigareva to a logical conclusion: during sleep the brain analyzes the message from the internal organs, evaluates the physical condition of the body and is engaged in self-
- What's going on
- Every night our body carries out scanning of all internal organs and the first thing tidies what most in need of assistance. Further, if you are still asleep, is the second phase of tasks third.
Again, the phase is set to sleep. The main interaction of internal organs from the brain cortex occurs during REM sleep. But during REM sleep, I think the brain is engaged - because he, too, internal organ, not just control center
Actually, even a lot of mysteries and discoveries. My wife Marina works at the Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, it also deals with sleep problems. Through his experiments on rats it has identified a pattern: sleep disturbance just before conception and during the first week of pregnancy increases offspring mortality
Awakened by the sounds of nature
- It turns out, the more sleep - the better
- Need to sleep as much as you want. Sleep - it's not a waste of time, how long it was believed. Some scientists have reached the point of absurdity - to try to invent a pill that would not sleep. Dream - the most important part of our life, during which the brain is engaged in complex activities. Perhaps even more difficult than the one he occupied while you are awake. And if we want to be effective, healthy, we need a good restful sleep. Without the noise and unnatural shortening.
- That is, alarm clocks - harm
- As a matter of fact - yes, although it is clear that the need to make allowances for modern life. If the alarm is necessary, should at least try to reduce the harm from him, not to harsh and loud signals, it is better to use natural sounds of nature or even vibration
- And what about the elderly? With age, you begin to sleep less. Is the body recuperates?
- The brain throughout life gets a great experience with our body learns. And can gradually deal with the management of the body in different organs faster. It turns out that healthy people age begin to sleep less. But, mind you, if there are elderly disease, sleep duration increases.
Sleeping pills are not a panacea
- Can I use sleep for medical purposes
- Make such attempts. But it turned out that the artificial immersion in a dream - not the same thing as a natural process. In other words, do you go to sleep or drink sleeping pills - two very different things and different results. The tablet can facilitate falling asleep, but it does not include the internal organs of governance mechanisms. At the moment, we know of at least five switching information flows blocks that translate us from wakefulness to sleep.
By the way, insomnia - a big problem. In America, it suffers from a huge number of people in Russia numbers grow every year. The disorder of sleep leads to various diseases (the same gastric ulcer and so. D.), But it is still not taken seriously.
- You follow your theory
- I sleep approximately eight hours, wake up without an alarm clock, on a clear mode. And I feel great! In general, I believe that the most productive years for the person - from 70 to 100 years: knowledge and experience accumulated a lot, but physiologically, nothing prevents to be in good shape. So, hopefully, major discoveries are still ahead!
Lecture is long, but worth the time to listen to her, because she reveals the secrets to deal with stress. Highly recommended.