35 paradoxical facts about our lives and the people of Anton Chekhov

site publishes a compilation of statements of the writer, whose natural wit, paradoxical thinking and conciseness are still unsurpassed!
  • One friend recalls Chekhov this case: < /
    - Once we got to talking about the "Steppe". Somehow I remembered at the beginning of the phrase, which I stopped reading the first story: "She was alive until she died ..." Something like that.
    - It can not be! - Chekhov said, and immediately took a book from the shelf and found the place: "Before her death, she was alive and had a soft pretzels from the market", - Chekhov laughed. - Indeed, as I do not doglyadel. And yet, today's audiences are not even eating fruit. Let him!
    That phrase has remained in the story.
  • It's not a question of pessimism or optimism, but the fact that ninety-nine out of a hundred have no sense.
  • If a person does not smoke or drink, necessarily will reflect, I do not bitch if he?
To go with his wife to Paris would be like to go to Tula with his samovar. There are people who always talk only smart and good words, but feel that they are stupid people. If the wife you changed, then rejoice that it has changed you, not the fatherland. < / The University is developing all the skills, including - stupid. They say, in the end the truth will prevail, but it is not true. a healthy and normal only mediocre, gregarious people. In order to feel a happiness without interruption, even in moments of grief and sorrow, you must: a) be able to be satisfied with the present, and b) to enjoy the knowledge that it could have been worse. li > When your finger gets a splinter, rejoice: "Well, that is not in the eye!» A very good man face such that it is taken for a detective; I think he stole cufflinks. A wonderful day today. Whether tea to drink, or to hang himself. All know and understand everything only fools and charlatans. The one who is alien to the life of one who is incapable of it, that nothing more is left how to become an officer. One reduces the pain is always different. Stepping you on the tail of a cat that has a toothache, and it will become easier. You can not put on the stage of a loaded gun, if one does not mean to shoot out of it. Hundreds of miles of desolate, monotonous, burnt steppe can not induce such deep depression as one man, when he sits and talks, and who knows when he will leave. If you want you to have a little time - no do not do. We need a drop squeezed from a slave. No one wants to love us ordinary man. If you against some disease Offering a lot of money, it means that the disease is incurable. Do not stop people from going crazy. Chekhov with his wife Olga Knipper. < «cynic" - a Greek word, translated into your language is meaningful: a pig that wants to the whole world knew that she was a pig. These clever all so stupid that nobody to talk to. If all men conspire and suddenly became sincere, everything would have gone to the devil. The talented people in Russia can not be neat. If your act upset someone, it does not mean that he was far wrong. Become a writer is very easy. None of the monster, which would not have found himself a pair and do not have the stuff that would not find himself a suitable reader. You can not demand from the dirt that it was not dirt. « Know thyself "- beautiful and useful advice; The only pity is that the ancients did not guess specify how to use this advice. Away from the people - it's suicide. On the ground, there is nothing good that his primary source is not would shit. ... for the post office has long been the reputation of the institution where the scary happen. In the pain I say cry and tears, meanness - indignation, on the abomination - disgust. In my opinion, it is, in fact, is called life. Life, in fact, a very simple thing, and the person needs to exert much effort to its ruin. < /

via www.adme.ru/vdohnovenie-919705/kratkost-sestra-chehova-619805/

Tags

See also

New and interesting