Legend of Saturn.

Among the many tales of Saturn there is a story, telling about a Tsarevich and his friend, who together make a ceremony in honor of Saturn, fulfilling a vow. One day a friend of Prince received a lot of gold and offered to share the prince. But he refused, saying that he should deserve their fate. He continued to fulfill a vow - ive finally supported by divine forces wrested back his kingdom and received in marriage the daughter of the Gandharva (celestial musician).

In another version of this legend Saturn appears riding on a buffalo (riding on a buffalo is usually portrayed Yama - the god of death) to experience the two boys. Saturn is hidden in the foliage of a tree pippala and gives one of the boys gold. Another boy tells the story of Pippalada Saturn and Saturn calls the "slowness of the deity." In response, Saturn says, "You - a disciple of my guru" - implying that the boy passed the test.

Legend of Pippalada provides one explanation why Saturn became lame and slow.

When Saturn marred life father Pippalada ailments and needs young Pippalada Saturn decided to take revenge. He began to climb the tree trunk on the banks of the Yamuna pippala, which sat in the crown of Saturn. Saturn flew to heaven, but Pippalada followed him and caught up, broke both his legs.

Lord Shiva kept his hand young man and gave him to kill the Saturn and then Pippalada exclaimed: "Well, let him live. But now everyone will call him Manda - "Slow & quot;! & Quot; Another legend that explains the lameness of Saturn, set out in the "Ramayana" - the epic poem about the king Ramachandra.
Sworn enemy of the demon Ravana Ramachandra, who was a great ascetic and indulged in severe austerities in the name of Lord Shiva, seized power over all nine planets. When the deadline approached the birth of his son Meghanada Ravana forced nine grahas gather in the eleventh house of the horoscope of the child, hoping that it will make the life of his son, a continuous series of victories and great achievements (eleventh house of the horoscope governs all sorts of achievements and successes).

But at the time of birth of a child Saturn managed to secretly lend a foot in the twelfth house of his horoscope, thereby destroying everything it sought Ravana. After the twelfth house of the horoscope governs all kinds of losses and loss. In a rage, Ravana severed foot Saturn, and he always remained lame.

From the astrological point of view, "limp" Saturn because of the nine planets, he moves the slowest (the affected Saturn in the horoscope can literally serve as an indication of the lameness). In northern India, said that the time is very short hair, and it runs very quickly. People are trying to keep him, but can not grab the hair.

But Saturn is also the embodiment of time, and its slowness allows it easily "grab". Sincerity, devotion and overcoming Saturn in his honor various voluntary test - a great way to "catch" of Saturn, as well as to unlearn identify with their shortcomings. Ways that would completely relieve from the effects of Saturn does not exist, since all living beings are subject to its influence. However, it can weaken the reverence of its harmful effects. Targeted Saturn service and worship of lord Shiva and Hanuman the monkey god - proven and effective means "to overcome their innate nature."

Lord Siva, being the god of death and the time may affect Saturn as Saturn - this is essentially a particle power of Shiva. Pippalada managed to punish the Saturn because he and his wife Padma were incarnations of lord Shiva and his wife Parvati. Hanuman is also an incarnation of Shiva, and therefore has power over Saturn and can control them.

Hanuman - an extremely powerful deity. In the "Greatness of Saturn" he mentioned in connection with the Sun and Jupiter, and "Ramayana" is mentioned as one of the main characters. In northern India are constantly reading and retelling of the "Ramayana", called "Sundara Kanda," the protagonist of which is Hanuman. "Sundara Kanda," is considered to be a universal upaya - protection against all adversities, and in particular, by misfortunes caused by Saturn. Hanuman, like all living beings, too, had to go through a painful period of seven and a half years, but Saturn is almost never managed to overshadow the life of this noble god in the shape of a monkey. In one tale Saturn asks Hanuman: "You're so powerful, what is the part of your body do I hurt?" Hanuman is responsible; "Sit on my tail." But when Saturn do it like Hanuman and wrapped his tail and pulled to the ground so that Saturn could not move or look at Hanuman. So Hanuman escaped from the influence of Saturn, although later its share still fell a little bit of torture: it is the part of the tail, which Hanuman Saturn pinned to the ground henchmen set fire to Ravana. In another legend, when Saturn told Hanuman that approach Seven and a half years of his power over him, Hanuman asked, "What part of my body are you going to live?" Saturn said: "I'll sit on your head." "Excellent," - said Hanuman. But when in due time Saturn is sitting comfortably on top of the monkey head, Hanuman began to play. Taking a huge mountain, he threw it into the air, and then began to beat the crown. And just a few minutes, when Hanuman had just started to get a taste of the game, Saturn cried, "Stop! Let me get down, and I'll leave you alone! "Hanuman asked," Are you saying that you have enough? "" Yes, I've had enough! - Said Saturn. - But I still managed to make it so that you bruise your head. "

Tags

See also

New and interesting