Bulletproof Coffee: Drink to lose weight, which are investing millions of dollars

In our blog we talked about how restaurants automate their work with the help of special systems (for example, Jowi), care about the comfort of the visitors with proper light and Sound , and use psychological tricks to increase the average check.

We also touched on health issues - such as whether or not food from the fast food more harmful than "restaurant» . Today we present another interesting story about how an American entrepreneur came up with an original recipe for a coffee drink for weight loss and created a company millions of dollars.

The recent frenzy of Silicon Valley residents to "bulletproof coffee» (bulletproof coffee) spread across the country. Dave Asprey (Dave Asprey) add the oil in my coffee, and he has persuaded thousands of people to follow his example. Moreover, he persuaded venture capital firm to invest $ 9 million in the creation of his empire of coffee and butter.

For those who do not know, Esprit - founder and CEO of Bulletproof, famous for the unusual this drink. He has developed a complete diet based on the same principles of efficiency "bullet-proof" of coffee, but also created other foods and supplements. On the allocated funds Esprit plans to open several coffee houses, despite the fact that his first restaurant in Santa Monica, California, is still locked up. Its doors will be opened in the near future.

"We were all very pleased to see how Dave turns into a real company Bulletproof" - shared Skolnick Dan (Dan Scholnick), partner of Trinity Ventures, with the publication of Fortune. The company Trinity wrote out a check in the amount of $ 9 million for Bulletproof.

Spread beyond the Silicon Valley, Bulletproof fell into the same category as the well-known network of stores that Blue Bottle, Four Barrel and Philz (which also received investments). Despite this, the Esprit is confident that his drink differs from others. Bulletproof Action is directed primarily at the improvement of the body and to improve its functioning.

The idea of ​​a "bulletproof" coffee came to Esprit for the fight against excess weight. At some point, his weight reached 300 pounds [nearly 136 kg. - Approx. Perevi.], which cause health problems and interfere with normal life.

"My brain was worse than work," - he said. "I decided that the first thing I needed to lose weight." Since traditional diets do not help, Esprit has decided to conduct its own investigation. When traveling in Tibet he was so inspired by traditional Tibetan drink - tea with butter, salt and milk, he decided to create a similar product. The structure of "bulletproof" coffee came MCT oil (medium-chain triglycerides - easily digestible form of fat) and butter. Since then, Esprit started adding butter in her coffee.

Of course, many skeptics doubted the alleged magical properties Bulletproof coffee. Although Esprit and argued that the combination of coffee and oil as pleasant to the taste, like coffee with cream and sugar, he was unable to persuade all the coffee to a man in his choice of beverage.

Investing Trinity Ventures in Bulletproof is not accidental. Esprit joined venture company in 2010 as a "work in the fund entrepreneur" [entrepreneur with experience in creating enterprise and willing to work in a venture fund with operating systems, cash flows and fund resources for the development of new or existing portfolio companies]. At that time he had already held its innovative rules of healthy living than attracted the attention of his partner Dan Skolnik.

"I noticed that Dave wanders around the office, eating unfamiliar food for me, doing strange things," - said Skolnick Fortune. In the end he asked Esprit shed some light on these strange antics. Since then, the Trinity, and in particular, began to support himself Skolnick Bulletproof. Moreover, and Skolnick and other partner Gus Tai Trinity Ventures (Gus Tai) joined the Board of Directors. Among other things, he Skolnick is a devoted fan of the drug.

Bulletproof The company has already started to expand the product range. Not so long ago there were energy bars, and now the novelty - Feed water - a mixture of water and oil MCT. However, Esprit continues to believe that it will help him to make keen coffee new customers to its high-calorie drink. According to him, he buys and make coffee - any coffee - can be at home, but Esprit wants to give its customers the feeling that they serve.

«Branded coffee will help show people the way of life" - said Skolnick. "I think Bulletproof has great potential in the future to enter the global market." blockquote> And Trinity Ventures is well aware of how to enter the world markets - it has invested not only in the largest coffee house chain Starbucks, and the network of traditional restaurants like PF Chang's and Jamba Juice.

"In a sense, we are back to the origins of Trinity», - said Skolnick.

Source: geektimes.ru/company/jowi/blog/264426/

Tags

See also

New and interesting