No one takes the characters of the people better than Frederic Planchon

French director Frederic Planchon takes off in Europe and in many respects it forms our favorite style of European advertising. His hobby - people and streets of the city, though it is desirable together to be able to convey the spirit of the place where they live so interesting and so different people. Send what they live, and how they have zhivut.Gorod Planchon working on two Productions - Irene for France and Academy Films for the rest of the world, lively and always warm, even if it shows the fall or winter.

His people - always a part of the city, they are connected with it, even though in principle they do not fit into society, as the angel of the roller VW Polo or a funny guy from the spot for the Co * a Cola with a tape recorder on the trolley, which runs through the city and gives people little "sunshine." Everything is always very harmonious, and looks as if it should be, including Peugeot, driving on the city upside down. And the audience in his roller looking at the city from a bird's eye, seeing everything through the eyes of a director who is able to rise above the city, and raise us with him.

Frederick himself very glad that removes such videos, but says he is not looking for just such a scenario specifically. He, like almost all the directors of commercials, just wants to tell a good story and show the good, good people.

- What do you look for in a script? i>

- The chance to tell a story and clever idea: if the story does not touch anything, even a good director does not make it work. Chance little to provoke the viewer. There are so many pictures that I have to stand out.

- Many of your movies have a character who is supposedly looking at the world from a certain distance. This has something to you? I>

- I think that the main character «Angel's Day Off» has something from the rest of humanity living in the big city and breathe. And «Bring Me Sunshine». They both have something wonderful.

- Who would be your guardian angel? i>

- If you look at it from a practical point of view, my producer Nick Morris from Academy Films (London). We were created with him a great relationship over the past five years. I trust him. He is very good: it gives you freedom, but at the same time, he can see the big picture of the project. In his spare time, we are working together on the film.

- What influences you the most in the creative plan? i>

- Every minute, when I'm not working, I try to see something that would bring me more depth and fun in life. I hate it when someone looks at how the work someone else, and then copy it. I never did. But a part of my life is devoted to reading and monitoring of various beautiful pieces. Some artists may change your view of the world. If you look at any photograph of Andreas Gursky, you will see this place through his eyes.

- How do you roll your proudest? i>

- I try not to look back. Future work a much more interesting.

- What is your favorite movie? i>

- One - no. Some work Jonathan Glazer. Frank Baggio also incomparable. And Ivan Zacharias. They make a really good movie, but the fact they are not only ekzekyushene. They are very deep in terms of ideas.

- My idea of ​​hell of a job? i>

- The situation when someone hires you, and then changes the point of view, despite the fact that you have long discussed how you see the movie, the characters and lokeyshn.

- What makes you laugh? i>

- People! And I'm a big fan of British humor. They find irony in different situations, and it makes me laugh.

- What is the worst movie you've watched in the last year? i>

- I do not have time to watch bad movies!

- What's your movie was the most challenging for you? i>

- I was scared to shoot «Downhill» for Miller. Because he is completely without gluing - 60 seconds. The guy did not have to pedal, he had to just sit on the bike and go. That was not the case when you can nasnimat different planes, and then play with them at your leisure in the editing room. And if something went wrong during the filming, it was very bad. And it's very exciting!

- You have created a lot of all sorts of illusions, hidden mechanisms and tricks of filming, without resorting to existing technologies. You confront them or greet them? I>

- Sometimes you just can not avoid them. And I like to work with this. It is more interesting and more human. When you have too many numbers, you lose the warmth and humanity. Of course, it is a fantastic toy, and it may actually be useful. But we must be very careful not to lose the human aspect. CG makes possible everything, but if you go too far, the result can be very cold and uninteresting.

- What's next in your professional «must-do» list? i>

- Remove a good movie. Not for the sake of the fact, but in order to again tell a good story. We are working on the script. But I love the commercials and get a lot of fun making them. I just want to do the best videos, which can.

via / kreativnyj_obzor / 2007/09/12/20166 /

Tags

See also

New and interesting