The world from the perspective of an autistic

& lt; & gt; A stunningly powerful and moving photo project created by a father for his son-autista.Eli always was a child living in a certain rhythm of his, only he understands. He could spend hours contemplating the door of the vacuum cleaner hoses, mechanical drives. He copied many of the sounds for a long time, learned by heart schedule of high-speed trains. When he was 5 years old, his father, Timothy Archibald that somehow understood his son and talk to him, he decided to do a joint photo shooting boy in the angles and positions, which he asked Eli.

Shortly after the beginning of this impromptu photo project, the boy was diagnosed with autism. Timothy explained what it is told how to communicate with his son, but most importantly - how to establish the necessary emotional connection with Eli, his father already knew.

A series of photos of her son Timothy called "Eholiliya» (Echolilia). The picture of the image, Archibald shows a special vision of the world by his son, which is very different from the usual. Photos become the language without words, who understand and Timothy, and Eli. However, considering the resulting pictures, they discuss what happened to them is good and what is bad, and plan the next stage. Eli participating in the project not only as its object but also as a participant, and even directors who belong to the ideas of some portraits.

< Website I chose the most emotional pictures of the project with little history of their creation.

"When we take pictures, Eli often does something unexpected. So, to what I have never thought of. Then we together consider getting the pictures and think how you can improve them, do not change any angle ».

"Doors are closing. Please be careful ».

"Doors are closing. Please be careful ».

"Eli repeats it every time we come to the door. In the library, on the bus, in the shop. It is pronounced automatically, completely monotone and not the expression of thoughts. This is a closed system ».

"The room was Eli large plastic container, and he played with it all day. I asked him if he wanted to take some photos with him. He agreed, and at first he stood next to the container and then put it on his head. But when he realized that it fit into the whole, he did so. " Eli said he felt as if the inside of the egg.

"After dinner, the house becomes noisy. The car comes to take out the garbage, loud buzzing. The printer makes a noise when something print. Humming engines neighboring cars beeping microwave. For Eli, all these sounds are very loud. He asks them to do more quiet and softer ».

Echolalia - is the automatic repetition of words and actions, heard or seen by other people. Eli always something repeated, and at first it annoyed Timothy. But thanks to the photo project he now refers to echolalia Eli calmly.

"For me, those pictures are not of it, they are about relationships. I see in them the three components of a component: it ourselves and what is between us, that it is impossible to explain in words. It is a feeling that arises when we look at pictures together.

via # image1817305

Tags

See also

New and interesting