That's what they think the people of Spain to Russia. Honest answers to people who are caught unawares.

I was always terribly interested in what foreigners associated post-Soviet countries in which we live? Is Russia still seems to them a vast empire, where every drink strong napiki for breakfast, lunch and dinner, instead of a cat house plants bear and in the evenings to play the balalaika? Is it possible in Ukraine, in their opinion, no event is complete without bacon, dumplings, dumplings and borscht? And Belarusians, I suppose, have not seen anything in my life, except for potatoes? This is all, of course, prejudices and stereotypes, but it they are far from reality?

Internet edition of "My Planet" has decided to create a unique photo project. To do this, one of the team members walked through the streets of Barcelona sun, made stunning pictures of residents of the city and at the same time ask them what they know about Russia. To people not to spread the idea of ​​the tree, the author of the project set a clear framework for them: it was necessary to say three words, the first three of association with that country. It could be memories, rumors, visual and auditory images: in short, everything, everything that immediately arises in the mind. Look what comes to mind is the emotional Spaniards, when they hear about Russia and Russian. It's amazing how different comments appeared foreigners.

Payyares Gerson Figueroa, 28 years, actor
Chekhov, Stanislavsky pronunciation.
As a child I could not pronounce the "erre" language does not vibrate, and my friend told me that I look like a Russian, they say, they have the same pronunciation. I did all of Barranquilla, Colombia. Do you know how to pronounce it funny name Stanislavsky? Eshtanishlashki. I>

Antonio Rey, 44, a programmer
Culture, pride, vastness.
Russian has always defended its independence and the world even under the most adverse circumstances. This is a very kind and cultured people who can be proud of its history and traditions. I>

Rose Bardeen Noguera, 77 years old, retired
Travel, Moscow - St. Petersburg, Metro.
I was in Moscow and St. Petersburg. Oh, I'm lost there! Released in the morning from the hotel, around a beautiful way: the river, the monuments. I look and do not know where I am. I went to another hotel, I say: "Call the police." They say, "Do not the police, you have the documents?" In general, they are prompted me where to go i>

Imma Munoz, 41, journalist
The Kremlin, pointe shoes, "Michael Strogoff: the courier of the king."
It's funny, but the first thing that comes to mind - a novel by Jules Verne. Desert steppes, on which a person rides in Cossack dress. No snowstorm or other disasters will not prevent the fulfillment of his mission. I'm still a child was fascinated by this book. I>

Merichel Margens, 31, translator, secretary
Tea, individuality, friendship.
If the Russian has something special, is their individuality. Why is tea? So I was in Russia just addicted to it and now I drink it every day. I>

Joel Raventos, 38, owner of an online store
Strong drink, eggs, Ural Mountains as the boundary between Europe and Asia.
Strong drink I had to drink at parties, in the company of Russian friends, so I usually do not. A caviar has always been associated with luxury and rich from Russia, of which there is now enough. I>

Sofia Parente Buson, 40 years old, director of a language school
Communism, extreme money-soul.
I've always loved Russian literature for its spiritual depth. And when I think about the Russian, I wonder how they mixed it - the soul and money. If we talk about students from Russia, their main difference is that they always know what they want. I>

Pedro Manuel Aguayo, 64, a waiter
Good people, business, country, wherever I wanted to go at least once.
Yes, I'm telling the truth, in our bar often enter Russian customers. They are always polite, decent, and they do not have problems. Russian - very good people. And in Spain, it is good that they come here. I>

Javier Vidal, 42, a bookseller, journalist
Phonetics, seriousness and responsibility.
I've been working with the Russian. The first impression of them - are very serious. It is not known due to shyness or for some other reason ... But in matters they show an amazing responsibility. I like that. I>

Jofre Horta Antoniou, 39, composer and pianist
Contrasts, spirituality and beauty.
My favorite composer - Rachmaninoff, can not now sit down and play it foreplay. Here with Mussorgsky have to practice more. As for Russian women, in contrast to Western, they are more traditional, very feminine and able to listen. I>

Pilar Castro Valdivia, 50, a real estate consultant
Moscow and its architectural masterpieces, the giant country, a cold.
Even though I have never been to Russia, I watched a documentary about your country and read about its extent. They really are amazing! i>

Serhs Jordi, 49, director of the Archives of photos
Communism, the Orthodox Church, birch groves in the snow against the backdrop of the vast landscapes.
Previously, we did not really use the word "Russia", said "Soviet Union", which have been associated with communism, red stars, army and military power. i>

Esperanza Pardo Borrell, 54, a dentist
The transition from communism to capitalism, works of art in the subway, the language.
The Russian language seems very melodic, except that you speak softly. i>

Kilyan Garrigos, 24 years old, stylist hairdresser
Luxury, Russian salad, a crowd of people.
Russian, which I know are very concerned about their image, appearance, they like to show their belonging to the elite, and different from the rest. i>

Elizabeth Urpi Rafols, 29 years old, fashion designer
Matryoshka, Russian Constructivism, Kandinsky.
Matryoshka for me - the epitome of femininity and romanticism, Russian Constructivism is associated with freedom of expression, and Kandinsky was the first artist that I liked when I studied art. i>

Do you see how diverse the opinions of Spaniards on a great and powerful country like Russia. Note Contrary to popular cliché that Russian behave inappropriately in other countries, many inhabitants of the Mediterranean speak about them with warmth and trembling. These great photo projects demonstrate how in fact foreigners are one country or another. Note presented here because people of different professions, ages and gender. This may indicate a no impartiality and honesty of such experiments.

Like the post? If the answer is yes, you can safely show your friends what Spaniards think of Russia.

www.moya-planeta.ru/travel/view/zhiteli_ispanii_o_rossii_i_russkih_8617/

Tags

See also

New and interesting